Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Stern would have been issuing a warning, imo.
And uhhh, we all mod for free. I love the idea of gettin paid for it though. If everyone threw a dollar in the donation pot we'd be gettin paid fat son!

Reactions: White Hawk
D

Deleted member 13433

[*well, against my better judgement... here it goes.....]

White Hawk did initially post "looking to disembark, advice??", under a topic with a T-Rex icon....
*maybe too much beer and grass got the better of him as things went on here ??

If you read his comments throughout STP, I think White Hawk does want to sincerely get on the road, maybe just not sure of which path to take, hence this post Looking to disembark, advice? which does kind of leave things wide open for input/responses.

So, lets pretend it's just the original post, because I don't know where that first - no, I'll refrain from anything further here since I tend to be on thin ice at times as well ....

White Hawk

Top Poster of the Month

Send Message
JoinedFeb 16, 2020Messages73HometownRock City
Saturday at 5:05 PM

Looking to disembark......advice?

Ok - now that wasn't so bad...
*anyone here got any ideas here for White Hawk ??

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
[*well, against my better judgement... here it goes.....]

White Hawk did initially post "looking to disembark, advice??", under a topic with a T-Rex icon....
*maybe too much beer and grass got the better of him as things went on here ??

If you read his comments throughout STP, I think White Hawk does want to sincerely get on the road, maybe just not sure of which path to take, hence this post Looking to disembark, advice? which does kind of leave things wide open for input/responses.

So, lets pretend it's just the original post, because I don't know where that first - no, I'll refrain from anything further here since I tend to be on thin ice at times as well ....

White Hawk

Top Poster of the Month

Send Message
JoinedFeb 16, 2020Messages73HometownRock City
Saturday at 5:05 PM

Looking to disembark......advice?

Ok - now that wasn't so bad...
*anyone here got any ideas here for White Hawk ??

You're not on thin ice, George. Idk if that's hyperbole or a sincere concern but things aren't that rigid around here. We didn't issue any warnings even though there's certainly a troll vibe to this thread as it carries on.

It's just a very confusing thread. Other forms of travel is already a vague sub forum. So you'd kind of expect some clarity or details in a post made here. Instead, we get what appears to be a genuine "looking for advice" type post with a random picture of Dio for no apparent reason. Stuck on a T-Rex really confuses things even more.

So when a mod comes along and simply asks hey can you kinda.. make this a little easier to understand? OP doubles down on the convolution. Instead of explaining the post intent, he goes on to say "this will help someone someday"

Well now it's really confusing. Was he asking for advice or trying to help someone else? Either way, it was a strange way to go about it. What does he need advice on? How to get off a T-Rex? How will this post ever help anyone? We asked yet again for more information, we get a dog with a banana on it's head a random guy smoking a cigarette and "I'm just really high".

Put yourself in staff shoes. This isn't really a forum intended for randomness. We wouldn't even need forums and sub forums if that were the case. We could just strip it all down to a chat board and just let people go bananas on dog heads all day long. I don't think that's what we want though.

But seriously, relax George. You're really not on any sort of thin ice. What even makes you think that? We can talk about it. Shoot me a PM if you want. I'd rather not have members feeling like they're walking on eggshells for no reason.

D

Deleted member 13433

Yeah, you're right... I see your point.
[*I'm just gettigng back now hence the delay]

I used the thin ice line because on occasion I'll comment on something here coming from a different perspective, and it's not because I'm being a jerk, it's because I'm seeing something differently, and well... I know some are not too happy when I do that.

Ok, it's all good then, cheers !!

Did White Hawk migrate to Discord ??
I noticed he's been quiet here.................

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't get on discord but maybe like idk, once every other month for about 20 minutes. I haven't checked if he's migrated or not. I certainly wasn't trying to shoo anyone away. I just know that's a better place for randomness and perhaps a better cure for boredom as well.

About your posts/opinions. You seem pretty level headed to me. You have a wealth of life experiences and add to that in an interesting scene and era. To me, that's quite refreshing. I realize you're old school in some ways but you don't strike me as a person who's set in their ways or unwilling to have your views challenged. You seem pretty open minded for the most part.

Obviously this is just my take, and this site is way fucking bigger than me. But I like ya. You write really well and it's nice to have differing views as long as they're not like.. way fucking out there on some bigotry type shit. But yeah, you don't really put off that vibe IMO. There's a lot of strong personalies here. You're gonna find people who don't like your shit. There's a bunch of people who don't like my shit. That's okay with me. I can't please em all.

Anyway, there's a furry friends thread and I'm almost positive it's got a Loki shaped hole missing from it. Who's that doggo you're always on about? Share a pic or two, we're a dog friendly bunch.

D

Deleted member 13433

I've been thinking about posting a bunch of pictures here, but I'm just not sure how I want to go about doing it.
I seem to recall that the old STP of 10 years ago had the user ability to create photo albums, but I am not certain if that can be done today.
Discord... I just went to see what that's about and I could not make heads or tails about it, so I took that as a sign that it's not for me.
I'm glad you feel I add some value here, and I am definately open to different ideas/ideals as well.
Cheers !!
PS: two days now and no White Hawk, perhaps he did disembark ???

White Hawk

Reaction score
12377795_1717771708437283_7925829090548739205_o_1717771708437283.jpg

• Haha
  • Best of Luck!
Reactions: Odin and MetalBryan

White Hawk

Reaction score
(not "currently" stuck on a T Rex, nor banned). Wasn't thinking about bandwidth and whatnot if it's even called that anymore. Thanks for the perspective Otter

D

Deleted member 125

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread since pictures of animals with stuff on their heads is just a tiny but off topic to uh, anything. @White Hawk this is the second time I'm gonna ask real nicely for you to not post irrelevant shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads