strange laws in strange places

daveycrockett

Reaction score
in jacksonville florida there is a law that states if you give something to someone who askes on the streets downtown you will be charged. "do you have a smoke?" "sure, here man" can have you ticketed.Spitting in DC will get you a ticket, throwing gum on the street, im trying to remember more right now, anything? anywhere?

RockyTheFlyingSquirrel

Reaction score
Luckily, cops are usually so ignorant of the law, that you never get charged for these things. They're collectors, not public servants (like they're supposed to be.) Most only go for the big fish. 'Aint that a relief?

Reactions: Nelco

daveycrockett

Reaction score
big fish my ass, ive got to go for a drinking in public ticket fri. they will not let that shit go, they let the guy who (supposedly) was dirinking with me go in court, no fines, nothing, i was threatened with up to a year in jail if i went to trial. anyway, different places have different laws especially remote places, like something had to have happened for them to make a weird law. Or if you could i'd like to know about just bullshit laws anywhere i wouldnt know about if i was passing through.

daveycrockett

Reaction score
where did i hear that if you get a urinating in public ticket you are now a sex offender? its true but i cant remember where i last heard it from and in which states.

RockyTheFlyingSquirrel

Reaction score
Everyone gets busted for that, it's one of the things cops like to bust people for, and it's pretty illegal across the board. I just don't drink in public (where I can be seen) and don't do anything that makes me look like I'm trying to get shit from passing people. I've never been fucked with by the cops. Only a few times, for illegal parking, and once because I challenged the fucker for telling my friend his knife was illegal, when it wasn't. Different experiences I guess. I tend to have good luck with cops, and I rarely ever see them. Maybe I'm just blessed with some kind of mystical repellent.. Haha. Never heard about the urinating in public thing..

Mongo

Reaction score
where did i hear that if you get a urinating in public ticket you are now a sex offender? its true but i cant remember where i last heard it from and in which states.

California is one of those states, but I think you have to have been caught twice to be put on the sex offender list

hshh

Reaction score
i know in some places you have to be within a certain distance of a school to be considered a sex offender for urinating in public, but yeah i forget where too, i could look it up but im goin to sleep

Monica Danger

Reaction score
I tend to have good luck with cops, and I rarely ever see them. Maybe I'm just blessed with some kind of mystical repellent.. Haha.

It sounds like you are the perfect person to travel with. :-D

As far as urinating in public causing you to be a sex offender, I've heard of it a lot. I'm not sure of all the states it qualifies in, but I did find an article that said 13 different states charge you as a sex offender for it.

For the record, my internet isn't up to par tonight and is making anything I do take at least five times as long, so I gave up searching.

daveycrockett

Reaction score
or just weird places, places that you have no idea what the fuck they are saying or "stray from strangers" if you know what i mean, the public urinating i already know about, nothing better? like kakalakee nowheresville and anyone not going to the local pigfest has to clean the communal toilets? cmon give me somethin

gigglzzzz

Reaction score

Dmac

Reaction score
just do a search about weird laws, there is a site that lists them by state and county. one of my favorites in nebraska is that if two trains come to a crossing at the same time, neither shall proceed until the other has passed. and in some counties it is illeagle to burp in church.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads