STP Needs a Retreat! What do you Think? | Squat the Planet

STP Needs a Retreat! What do you Think?

K

Kim Chee

I'm sure many of us want a place to call "our own" when we aren't traveling. I was thinking what if somehow somebody bestowed a huge chunk of change on some poor kids who don't have much but their personal belongings and a will to live independently. Many different options came to mind. A personal favorite is an island. I have taken a moment to pick out something that would enable all of us to live out our "pirate dreams". Don't ask me how much this island is...they are giving a price only on request. I'm not sure how reasonable of an expectation it would be to actually purchase such a property, just some lame ass thing to dream about. I know there are other properties out there that are nice, but a little more reasonable. If you had crazy cash, where would you like to put an STP retreat?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I think an island is a good option:

fef058ffa8311db2e254fe2d30b69e84810262bc.jpg

http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/stiltsville

Thorne

Stuck and stagnant
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.houselessnothomeless.org
That's knda what I'm trying to do with HnH just not on such a large and long term scale unless I can get 20 acres somewhere

Reactions: MolotovMocktail

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i've always thought that having an StP collective home base would be pretty awesome, but not sure how to work out the where/when/how.

Reactions: EphemeralStick

Thorne

Stuck and stagnant
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.houselessnothomeless.org
IT would be a cool thing to have, but your right ,where would you put it. In the middle of the country? In a city? on a farm? etc to make it accessible to the most people.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
IT would be a cool thing to have, but your right ,where would you put it. In the middle of the country? In a city? on a farm? etc to make it accessible to the most people.

personally i think people would find their way there no matter where it was. slab city would be a decent option, but i'm not sure i want to spend that much time there :p

Reactions: schmutz

ancienttoes

Reaction score
I think just deciding on a place and taking over it would be cool. I don't think you need to buy anything. Just a piece of land away from the road maybe. There's already meccas people go to as I understand.

janktoaster

Reaction score
Montana? I know land is cheap out there

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I hate the cold.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I wish I could buy a house for all the StP ers to live in. It would be one hell of a collective house!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads