Photos Step one : backpack

Jaguwar

Rebirthing phoenix
Reaction score
So I finally decided to say fuck the bills I still owe and got my backpack. It's a Wolfpack 65.
ATTACH]

I love the gazillion pockets, the myriad ways the straps can be adjusted, and the places I can hang gear from it. My only concern is how genuinely BIG it is. Of course, that also makes it roomy... always a danger when you're female, right? lol
ATTACH]

Next paycheck : bivy sack and/or sleeping bag.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1430963747382.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1430963747382.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 179
  • uploadfromtaptalk1430963865513.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1430963865513.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 202
Reactions: Kal

Durp

Reaction score
Forget the bivy its a waste of money. Get a good knife and cut off all those extra pockets. Its just a temtation and you will feel every gram on your body. All you need now is a tarp, a sleep bag, roll of cheap camp foam, a compass and to be on your way.

Reactions: JanuaryBell

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Aww yer pics didn't come out - and I know you have been carefully looking for your equipment. I usually use postimage for posting stuff. We want to see :)

Jaguwar

Rebirthing phoenix
Reaction score
I mean to test it out in a few camping trips, just walking out of town 15 miles of more. I'm mortified to realize I, hastily perhaps, have away my tarp, if meant to keep it until I made up my mind. At the time I was still under the delusion I'd raise enough money to get the car I wanted. it's looking less and less certain now...

Jaguwar

Rebirthing phoenix
Reaction score
Tude... dang, I'm using an app on the phone caked Tapatalk, I don't knew how else to do it, they shod have uploaded? :(
10-15lbs???? but... that's nothing!!!

Durp

Reaction score
That's the point. Go load up your pack and take it for 100 mile walk. I'm willing to bet it won't weigh much more than 10 - 15 lbs when you relize you have to go another 100 miles to get home.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
wrong section, moved to equipment and gear.

Antelope Bob

Soul Seeker
Reaction score
My pack is similar to the Wolfpack 65. And do be careful of putting to much weight in it. In time you may be able to carry a bit more easier, depending on your type of travel. Most recommend not to exceed 50 pounds. My first pack I kept around 25-30, now my pack ( I just weighed it) 84 pounds (not recommended) but I have been traveling for 30 years and it feels a bit on the light side.

Reactions: Kal

Jaguwar

Rebirthing phoenix
Reaction score
Matt, thank you.
Sorry about the pics, I'll see what I can do next time I'm in front of a computer.
Antique Bob, great advice, thank you! I can tell it's certainly possible to load the crap out of this thing, but the Wolfpack 45 seemed too small for my purposes. I wish it came in a 55!

D

Deleted member 20

Definately buy a US military surplus goretex bivy sack. I wouldnt recomend a yuppie bivy since they will be so expensive. Its well worth the $30 bucks to buy a camo woodland bivy. Tarps are for homebums & cavemen!

Jaguwar

Rebirthing phoenix
Reaction score
LOL I actually gave my tarp away to a friend who is, essentially, a homebum (long story there). It did occur to me to try finding a bivy at the surplus store where I got my bag but I didn't see any. I'll look around. Jim likes to keep things simple and basic is all. Eventual I may find the courage for that... or even the desire to go that primitive.

D

Deleted member 20

I have had much luck with craigslist. I buy lots of genuine military gear on there for really cheap from returning veterans. As a vet myself I know how tired of camo that you are when you get discharged. Most people just sell it all in bulk to get rid of it. The trick some times if knowing the jargon that is used to describe the gear as different branches call the exact same piece of gear something else & or use nicknames at times. I am sure using keyword military or goretex or bivy will suit you well. Good luck.

Last edited:

Durp

Reaction score
I second military surplus, great milspec gear. If its good enough for the troops its good enough for me. I like to travel light when I was hoofing it more, mainly because I saw a bunch of folks get their gear eyed and stolen. If your shit is cheap and it gets snagged you will be inconvinced but not heart broke .

Reactions: Jaguwar

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads