Stashing backpack?

Reaction score
Hey everybody,
I didn’t know where to post this question so I hope it’s in the right place?

Anyway, I’m currently in California with a backpack. It’s heavy, it’s hot and it’s annoying…

Does anybody know of a good way to stash it? Free places that are relatively safe or is there a place here where you can pay to store it for some time?

Any advice is appreciated ☺️

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: Bibs

Bibs

Reaction score
As a rule I never stash my gear unless I get a hotel room, when times were hard though I'd get an industrial waste trash bag (the triple lined black ones you see at construction sites or with road crews) and bury any excess in a 2 or 3ft hole. With the advent of smartphones it's super easy to keep track of now too just drop a pin on oogle maps. Good luck dude be safe have fun ✌️

Bibs

Reaction score
Oh yea! That’s a really good idea actually…good looking out man!
I appreciate it 🤙🏼

No worries at all bro best part is it's free lol also depending on how long you're in town and if they have a local community college you can sign up for a free class and request a storage locker you just gotta provide your own padlock, and you can also hustle the trial gym memberships but you gotta move gyms every month or whenever the trial period ends so they don't catch on.

Bibs

Reaction score
Would I be able to join a community college without being a citizen?
Thanks for for all the advice dude, I hadn’t thought of any of this

Oh I didn't even notice you were from abroad that my bad yeah you'd definitely needs student visa which I think are around $113 USD(?) And no it's no trouble at all if my advice helps you in any way I just ask that you share it with other people in need

• Love It
Reactions: Joey Garbanzo

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Without blowing up my spots, I stash me gear all the time. You just have to be smart about it.

Places with little traffic, check for footprints, know the art of camouflage, and know the area. You'll be fine. I've recently got another compression sack where I leave all the shit in there and carry the essentials in a pack to check out the towns/cities without carrying all my gear.

For example, I had my gear stashed in KCMO for 7 days going in and out. Just have to scope it out before hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Breezyloven

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
In some cities I've seen these little bike-sized lockers you can rent, but I never used one. Something like that might be worth checking out

Ya, those are a great option if you can afford it. I watched 2 guys try to break into one in the bay area for like and hour with no success

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads