Starting Year Two

Anthony Thomas

Reaction score
What's going on, everybody.
Shit, man, I tried getting on my feet in San Diego but got fired for taking food from the trash so I've been relegated to this kind of life it seems. I'm currently in a suburb of Olympia making my mind up about whether I want to keep doing this. The longer I do, the more it seems like any other kind of life is pointless. In the meantime, I'm just killing time waiting for a bright idea or a door to open. I've always been the type of person to support myself through employment si maybe I'll find myself back there?
Anyway, just thought I'd throw my hat in the race and introduce myself. Take care.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
sucks to get fired. I was working 60 hrs a week (cause no work in the administrative stuff I did at companies) at one time between 3 bar/restaurant jobs and got fired after about 5 yrs for "smuggling hot dogs" from under the quickdraw machine. Say whut!!! Turns out the night time cleaner got caught being in there late and he tossed them into the drawer under quickdraw machine that only us bar personnel and owners had access too. I worked that shift - "caught hands down for hot dog smuggling" . Business was way down in the city at the time so that is all I needed as my bar intakes were down - which led to pretty nasty affair as all my bars were connected so I was HOT DOG THIEF and my jobs poofed out one by one. Fuck all of them, I'm the most honest person they met. oh well, on to life plan number, um, 6?

However sorry for you job loss, come on - taking food from trash is NOT like taking from the physical work place where they are taking in money from paying customers. They tossed it out - SHEESH!!!

Well I hope all goes well with you and something falls your way that is good. And welcome to stp there sir :)

Haystack

Reaction score
Well first of all welcome. My first job was working in a grocery store and one of my buddies that worked in the deli there got fired for eating perfectly good food they told him to throw away. Sorry to hear you got fired, but keep your head up, you'll figure something out.

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
If youre gonna work, do something where you win out paywise. Too often employers squeeze you for everything youre worth and you end up with 35 or 40 dollars after an 8 hour shift. The ratio of energy expenditure on your part to paying on theirs should be roughly 1:50. Anything less than that and youre getting took. This is, by no means, Chicago School economics....but rather something risen from the depths of the Situationists.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads