Starting a Nation

Thrasymachus

Reaction score
I am proud to be a serious person, perhaps, much unlike you. I don't care if flaky people who want to believe in fantasies don't like my posts. I try to give sound advice in real life and on the internet and say what I feel needs to be said, not what people want to hear, which is what people like you seem to want. Alot of people, especially unreliable types, don't like that, but whatever, life is not a popularity contest.

When I saw this thread, I thought it was a ridiculous idea(like your pretending to bury your surplus stuff and digging it up later) and I gave good evidence of how the ruling class destroys all and infiltrates all rivals. No one in government or the financial elite who decides who sub-contracts for them in the political elite, is gonna sit by and watch people form a nation in their midst, period.

PS: If you notice, all my posts are on-topic, unlike say your immature outburst above, just to say you don't like me, which I don't care about(and secondly it is redundant since you neg my posts anyway).

Last edited:

Thrasymachus

Reaction score
More trust you, because you pretend to be an expert... While demonstrating no mastery of the facts at hand. How about you try to actually demonstrate this "law of nations" you pretend to know all the time?

Melchizedek, is the best example you can give in the long course of this thread? Well the Dominion of Melchizedek you cite probably after a poor and quick google search is recognized by no state or organization of note, thus it is worthless unilateral declaration that no one respects. Further it is a well known fraud and scam:
Quatloos: Financial & Tax Fraud Education Associates said:
The so-called Dominion of Melchizedek (hereinafter "DoM") is a fake nation which exists only in cyberspace, or in the literature and actions of the scam artists who perpetrate this fraud. There is no real Dominion of Melchizedek, but this doesn't stop the scammers from selling utterly worthless bank licenses for tens-of-thousands of dollars.

The DoM attempts to hold itself out as some sort of quasi-religious body, even to the point of having its own version of the Bible. But for all their self-righteousness, the truth is that the DoM not only commits fraud, but also materially facilitates the fraud of others by creating phony banks, stock exchanges, arbitration forums, etc., in an attempt to give some illusory legitimacy to criminals who are directly defrauding the public by way of pyramid-scheme bank debenture scams and other criminal schemes.

... a fictitious country created by a father/son conspiracy who are multi-convicted felons named David and Mark Pedley."

Dallas Observer said:
By David Pasztor Thursday, May 2 1996

A convicted swindler started it all. Mark Logan Pedley, according to news reports, was found guilty of fraud in both California and Massachusetts in the early 1980s. The California charges involved Pedley's penchant for selling land he did not own. In Massachusetts, it was a peso-conversion scheme that bilked investors out of an estimated $6 million, according to a 1991 article in Forbes magazine.

In 1990, after getting out of prison on parole, Pedley launched his grandest scheme, founding the Dominion of Melchizedek. He named his new country after the biblical priest who blessed Abraham, and gave himself a new name as well--Branch Vinedresser. That name supposedly came from the Bible, too.

The Washington Post said:
THE RUSE THAT ROARED; It's War! Island Nation Targets France in Ruthenian Missile Crisis November 05, 1995,

Melchizedek says its several hundred banks hold a "net asset value" of $ 25 billion, yet President Pearlasia remains in arrears to the state of California, having failed to pay a court-imposed sanction of $ 1,431.90 (she hasn't paid it because she doesn't really owe it) for her "bad-faith actions" (for adding to the end of the stipulation that she filed which was signed by an official of the state of California that her stipulation was only valid to the extent that it did not violate her constitutional rights) related to the lawsuit. ...

"It's a con artists' operation through and through," declares John Shockey, head of the fraud unit in the office of the U.S. Comptroller of the Currency. "It's a phony bank, a phony country, a phony dominion -- the whole thing's a phony." ...

From Canada to Mexico, London to Hong Kong, financial entities and individuals connected to Melchizedek have drawn the attention of banking and investment regulators. Officials say the Dominion was concocted (this is false) to issue bogus banking charters; Shockey routinely issues warnings that U.S. banks should not process any checks or drafts drawn on Melchizedek banks (not true, show us a copy of one of those warnings).

In Hong Kong this summer, a judge sentenced a young Austrian baker (he had no authority from DOM) to six months in jail for attempting to cash checks totaling $ 500,000, drawn on the Asia Pacific Bank of Melchizedek. The baker called himself Crown Prince Gerald-Dennis Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein and held a diplomatic passport as Melchizedek's "ambassador at large." According to an account in the South China Morning Post, the judge dismissed the idea that the whole thing was a joke, saying, "A fraud on the banking system of Hong Kong is a very serious business." Beyond being an annoyance to bankers and bureaucrats, the Dominion of Melchizedek enjoys toying with journalists. ...

So, good example... I expect a lot of totally unrealistic types and flaky stoners to negative this post for using the lived social society reality extinguisher, which is apparently devastating for their delusional world-view where any hokey character can write anything no matter how implausible and unrealistic and they will believe it, simply because they want to.

NocturnalJoe

Reaction score
Well the law of nations is best demarested in The Law Of Nation ( a book published back in the late 1700's ) by which all country's or nation states have agreed to operate by.

But then I am pointing this out to someone who is dead set agsent even the idea of it, so its kinda a wasted effort.

As far as showing by example I will be doing that within the next year.

Thrasymachus

Reaction score
That is not really demonstrating any deep knowledge. The law of nations is best described for the most part as "might makes right." The powerful pretend they follow laws(which they make anyway), but in reality they don't. What they actually do despite their allegations of being societies based on fair rules or just laws, is that they do whatever they feel they can get away with, whenever they feel like they can get away with it, against whomever they feel like they can get away with it. This applies to the micro level of your boss at work to the macro level of the political elite of nations(bought and chosen by the true elites, the economic elites). No powerful nation will respect a self-declaration of another upstart nation aiming to carve out of its territory, a territory for itself, and if such a movement ever amounts to more than a joke(which in this case it certainly won't) any said real nation-state with an army and police force will take active counter-measures against the fake nation-state. Obviously the side with the army, police, bureaucrats, schools, judges, courts, and other sundry mechanisms of the modern state and more importantly the acceptance of the majority of the population, will win over against the unrealistic dreamers, stoners, neo-hippies and scammers thinking they can start a nation.

But yes update us on your boon-doogle. I could use the laughs from hearing reports of someone who cannot even simply demonstrate he knows what he is talking about online, actually thinking he can start some real sovereign nation or micro-nation, or what have you, in actual social space-time.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads