Standing on my own two barefeet - hello | Squat the Planet

Standing on my own two barefeet - hello

Newagenomad

Reaction score
Hi everyone, thank you all for bringing such valuable knowledge to the table! I love this little site.

My name is May and I started full time traveling at the beginning of this year, but I’ve done a lot of backpacking and short term thumbing before this.

When corona shut down my job in February, I was rubber tramping and my car was stolen. I hunkered down for a bit gathered money and bought a new car But it only got me to right outside Houston Texas before it broke down.

I wanted to fix my car and rubber tramp still but here I am, after being here for several months, DYING to move on.

SO I START MY REAL JOURNEY.

I thought all this time that “Van life” was the life I wanted to have but I’m much more interested in train hopping/hitching it now.
So if anyone knows anything please feel free to get in contact because I’m headed out for Oregon in the next couple of days! 🙏🏼
Thanks all and many blessings.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
let me know if you decide to come through austin! welcome to StP and stay safe out there!

dprogram

Reaction score
Welcome May! Hate to hear about your car. Maybe get a wagon instead? Like cheap Ford Taurus? Super cheap parts!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads