Spreading anarchism -- or voluntarism (1 Viewer)

Soulutions

Lurker
Hometown
richmond
Undoubtedly, if you've ever debated -- virtually or in person -- a statist, you'd be well aware of the rigid, stubborn, non-arguments their full of.

1:
Who will build the roads!

Answer = the same damn people. A society having a perceived "authority" has nothing to do with roads being built. Yes the "government" pays the contractors, but where does that money come from?? Individuals! In the form of taxes

2:
Haveing "government" is a necessity. Without it there would be constant bloodshed and chaos!

Answer = flip threw a damn history book. Nearly all of the most atrocious acts of humanity against humanity was played out not by people breaking the law, but by those obeying and Enforcing those laws. Individuals don't incite wars on the Continental ( world stage )scale. Governments do

this non-argument comes from the idea that humans are inherently evil, untrustworthy, and malicious. The statist solution is as follows -- we'll take a subset of those evil, untrustworthy, and malicious humans, and give them permission AND our resources to forcibly enforce their biased opinions on how society should be structured

3:
I'm the absence of government, violent street gangs would rise to power, creating a brand new government!

Answer = no, no it wouldn't. ( triple negative, yeah I see that ) by definition a street gangs could never be considered government. The fundamental difference being the perceived "right to rule." Let's use a gang rape for example, seems appropriate. Even if 100% of the gang agrees that "yes it's been a long day and we're all going to have sex with you(rapee)" I'm absolutely positive that the rapee in 100% of these cases Never views their demands as legitimate. That's the difference between gangs and government, the perceptual legitimacy.

Just a few of their mental bootlicking talking points. There are many more though

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Jerrell

Wayfarer
Hometown
Earth
Don't worry about negatives. English is a Germanic language. A triple negative would technically correct the perceived problem a double negative supposedly causes? I forget, it's been a long time since I took a college English course, but I think the argument is two negatives equal a positive (math rule), so therefore a third negative would carry the initial negative.
Other than that, I like your post.:)

OP
Soulutions

Soulutions

Lurker
Hometown
richmond
Well, "government" is only an abstract is idea to begin with, and maybe not even a productive one at that. You can't point at anything in the lowest physical common denominator (across individual's reality) of persons and say "yep, that's government." So really, it's only a believe system, much like religion!

So if you'll take self-governance, I'll submit that for which "system" I advocate.

Yes, Interchangeable with anarchy and also voluntarism

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $150.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Loaded 4 kids, 2 dogs, and a rat onto a Cadillac grainer outta Kirby yesterday. Yeeehaw! NOLA bound. Anyone with info outta Englewood Yd. In Houston would be much appreciated*
Eastbound from San Antonio! See ya soon nola.
Looking for someone or a group to travel with and show me the ropes. Total newbie
Free punk show HAAM benefit at BuzzSaw tonight 7pm in Austin!
Much nicer riding weather today! Howdy, Austin! I'll be around a few days I think, trying to get new tires on the motorbike before I move on.
Im in the bay headed to reno tonight, had a good week with good people and good miles. The tehachapi loop gets prettier every time.
Best part of unexpected kindness - (drum roll)
IT'S UNEXPECTED
Got to Beaumont. Fucking brrr, man. Someone remind me again what just what the hell am I doing in Texas?
leptospirosis--- possum piss in the water! feel awful! this is what killed lincons mum!! be careful of yoru water playmates!!!
Omg this shit happened again :( my love is back behide bars :( what can I do 2 make the most of the time I have now???

Staff online