Something You Forgot to Bring | Squat the Planet

Something You Forgot to Bring

superphoenix

Reaction score
What's something that you wish you had brought on your last bike tour but forgot to bring?

Alternatively, what's something you've brought along that you wish you hadn't?

Reactions: KnifeToe

Mrcharwe

Reaction score
I feel like I always end up bailing stuff more than wishing I had brought more.

Things I've shipped home or left behind: heavy lock, extra shoes, extra books, extra clothes, tools for things I probably won't fix on the road(if the bike breaks just hitch to a bike shop)

Things I've upgraded on tour:
Larger tent. Being stuck in a small 1 person tent for days of rain is no fun
Warmer Sleeping bag, being cold at night sucks.

RobHASboots

Reaction score
What's something that you wish you had brought on your last bike tour but forgot to bring?

Alternatively, what's something you've brought along that you wish you hadn't?
I wasn't biking, but i went to a lil music festival, and i forgot a mess kit / metal pot (to boil water for coffee). Just cut the top off an aluminum pint can, and that was enough to make it happen. (My campstove is very small.)
I usually regret it if i forget bug spray. That is a must. Sometimes i wish I'd brought a bug net too.
Things i end up not using often fall into the 'but what if i get bored' category - books can be heavy if you're not reading them. Camping usually keeps me occupied; there's always firewood that need to be gathered, or trails/nettles to be hacked.

Reactions: Koala

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads