Societal collapse imminent: i heard tool in an albertsons today...

K

Kim Chee

Not long ago I was in one of those grocery stores where mostly wealthy people shop ('cuz it's so damn expensive). The music being played?

Rick James, Superfreak:

• Sad
Reactions: Mankini

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Oh wait - did Tool get that new music out there??? oh no, not yet. waiting ....

Reactions: Kal and Mankini

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
you do realize that eventually all the music we grew up with is going to be on the oldies station, right?

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
oh heavens no they just cant. can you imagine waiting at your dentists office, humming softly to "head like a hole" or "mudshovel" sans lyrics...and then maybe with a perky, disco beat tacked on?......i think ill just get in the fetal position and soil myself now.

• Haha
Reactions: Matt Derrick

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
you do realize that eventually all the music we grew up with is going to be on the oldies station, right?

sigh, my eventually is here - says this person who still loved the bars filled with disco ... bars were total fun in the late 70's/early 80's. One bar called 747 was in the shape of the new jet back then - spongy floors, disco balls and puffed in smoke and me in there with my fake ID oh and the bee gees (hehe) ... yep bars were fun back then. Although my listening preference nowadays is metal - I do have some disco dvds. hehe used to entertain my late night bar customers when the bar thinned out and I had dancing going on. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Kal

Brother X

caput gerat lupinum
Reaction score
Website
www.thepsychopath.org
I heard a Muzak version of Nirvana in an elevator in SF last year. Kinda freaked me out.

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
oh. oh. facebook says it 'owns' your pics and content and then Sony buys rights for nirvanas stuff and sells them to clearchannel. there is a childrens pop music series called KidzBopp....i wonder...

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
this is the bit of dogs breakfast in particular. sounds a little like jack johnson or matchbox 20....

feel free to build molotov cocktails now in...10...9...8...

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
Lol it wasnt radio per se at the store in question: I was so stunned I talked to the employees about their Muzak: its corporate controlled loop playlists that HQ sends them every 2 weeks or so...it seems that a corporate entity called I <3 Radio has been monopolizing the Muzak sector of late.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads