so...who started off traveling alone? | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

so...who started off traveling alone?

Kabukimono

Reaction score
Hit the road alone my first time, quite some time ago now. Pin pointers ... I'd only give you one. Go out and do it! everything you need to learn - you shall do it! Being alone isn't for everybody. But once you get that feel for it. It's pure heaven! it feels so nice, nothing is comparable to it :D

Km

Reactions: zapporra

Marti Jacobs

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I would never forget my first solo travel, I want to share some of my pictures in Dusseldorf, Germany. I'm from San Diego, California, 3 years ago I decide to visit Germany, as the first place across the North Atlantic Ocean, I planned to go in the season with less cold, May.

I bought the airplane ticket a few months before May, even booked the hostel where we stayed (personally, I always buy and reserve before leaving, it is cheaper and allows you to have the control).

Since I didn't had anyone to take me to the airport, I had to share a van from this San Diego airport car service. Fortunately, they took us to the airport without any problems.

I arrived at the San Diego International Airport and took the plane. I stopped in New York, then reach Dusseldorf 16 hours after! Men, that was crazy!!! I got along small suitcases because my plan was to tour the beautiful landscapes that Germany has, and so I did for 2 weeks. I had never seen such beautiful landscapes, not even Grand Teton in Wyoming can compare.

Of course, before I took this crazy trip I looked for people from elsewhere who were also traveling at that time to Dusseldorf. Also I had a friend from collage who had gone exchange to Germany, definitely that was a tremendous help.

On my trip I became friend with two Mexicans and a French girl, I still maintain communication with them on Facebook.

I let you some of the pictures we took, hope you like it. P.S. If you are going to Cologne, the best way to get there is by train, again, beautiful landscapes (8

156437_10150991684667345_1437796931_n.jpg

398955_10150991924892345_2083424276_n.jpg

525941_10150991925237345_609385222_n.jpg

535758_10150991684217345_58479810_n.jpg

576283_10150991685442345_182567516_n.jpg

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Left home alone 5 months ago, I'm still alone and I want it to stay that way. For me, the best way to travel is to head out alone, meet and chat with some people, then split up few days later. I found that any relationship longer than that usually never ends well. I get grumpy when I'm around people for too long. So we split up, and then next month or whenever, you run across them, both happy to see each other, then leave again after a few days.

Maybe I'm a lone wolf who needs too much change in my life, but for me thats the best. You make many many new friends, but still have your time alone.

The only downside to it, is that you never get really close to anyone. And like mentionned before, it sucks when times are hard, and you wish you had someone to speak to. But hey... tough times never last, and after a few days you get your shit together and you're good to go!!

Reactions: deathrehearsal

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads