Snake! Who can identify? | Squat the Planet

Snake! Who can identify?

lone wolf

Reaction score
Been out all night, finally made it back to camp tired as fuck. Layed down under my tarp about to fall asleep when this damn thing decided to come join.

Anyone know what kind of snake?
Give me a minute, problems with pic IMG_20151219_140144944.jpg
IMG_20151219_140144944.jpg IMG_20151219_140151153.jpg IMG_20151219_140507227.jpg

Last edited:
G

Grubblin

Red Rat snake, aka Corn Snake. One hundred percent sure and it's one hundred percent harmless. I hope you didn't kill him, he's just being a snake. Of course there are worse things to eat than snake.

G

Grubblin

You're right I should've said 90% sure, I would have to see the snakes underbelly. I've worked with corn snakes for years and due to their range and the markings on the snake in the pic I think it's a corn.

Dmac

Reaction score
cool snake! Interesting fact; with the exception of the coral snake, all snakes, native to the US, with round pupils are non venomous. Any native snake species with elliptical (cat's eye) pupils are venomous. The invasive pythons in Florida have cats eyes, but are not venomous.

A

AlwaysLost

cool snake! Interesting fact; with the exception of the coral snake, all snakes, native to the US, with round pupils are non venomous. Any native snake species with elliptical (cat's eye) pupils are venomous. The invasive pythons in Florida have cats eyes, but are not venomous.

That's a great tip bro I didn't know that!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads