Smartphones & Plans in 2021 | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Smartphones & Plans in 2021

Colinleath

Reaction score
Website
colinleath.github.io
She got back to me (see below). Sounds like since her job depends on the internet access she's just been throwing money at the problem. Still impressive that she seems to manage to do what she does on the 10gb plans though.

I've used AT&T, Mint, Verizon, TMobile,any Hot Spot enabled wireless carrier in the grocery or drug store. For the kind of work I do, answering calls 8 hours a day 4 days a week, I use more data than the average Joe, so for that kind of use, I would recommend the 10G plan, especially for working 5 days a week, heavy use. Using the 5G plans, I run out a few days before the month is up and have to refill early or go find some free wifi like at a university or MacDs. You know what though, I really dont know how tha Gs factor into the rest of the data usage. Plus, some of the grocerydrug store carriers dont apply the added minutes automatically as they're supposed to do, and you have to call in during business hours to get it fixed, even though the card has already been applied which can leave you without internet for a night or day, depending upon what time you need to use the service for work or tethering.

Reactions: MetalBryan

East

Reaction score
So far my testing with Visible has been good. They are on Verizon towers so the coverage is good it seems. I managed to get the monthly cost to $25/mo by simply joining a party through the Visible subreddit. They have it pinned on there. It’s nice because it’s truly unlimited and you get unlimited hotspot to another device like a tablet or laptop, which I am currently using as I type this.

Spazz

Reaction score
@Colinleath Thanks bunches! I could easily go through 70GB a month just from testing software for my own amusement and edification.

I'm sure I lost all of my "cool points" now that the Pinephone Pro is out. Well that's fine for other people, but I don't need an expensive tweeker magnet in my humble minivan, lol.

I'm getting handier with the "people's edition". A portable hotspot and data plan is actually all I need.

I've got a three month el cheapo trial of Mint Mobile to check out the next time I pick up the mail and hope to be redegoogled (but wiser and infinitely less judgemental) shortly.

Reactions: Colinleath

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads