Small ALICE-Style bag or US Military Butt bag - Scoliosis sufferer | Squat the Planet

Small ALICE-Style bag or US Military Butt bag - Scoliosis sufferer

Lee

Reaction score
Hey guys. I suffer from scoliosis, and carrying a pack of above 15lb on my back is painful for both my neck and lower pack, due to my condition.

I have been looking for altrnatives to the conventional rucksack, and have came across the US Military Butt bag and small ALICE-style (Not real ALICE, genuine smalls were never made) packs that only really cover the upper back. These are limited in size, but seem as if they would cause no or little discomfort. Because of their smaller size, I was thinking of getting a vest pouch getup as well, for smaller personal effects etc. Also, if anyone has any..tutorials(?)...on how I could go about attaching some belt loops for a sleeping bag, above the 'butt pack', or below, that would be great. It shouldn't be too easy, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

If anyone could link me to any sites selling them, or any info on alternatives that could be fine for my back, I would appreciate it. Price is obviously a factor, but I would be able to spend (MAX) $160, although surplus shouldn't be that expensive.

Cheers!

Reactions: Mankini
E

Earth

cant help you buddy...... but if carrying a lot of weights a problem, the homeless man of the nineteen eighties was often seen in the streets of nyc pushing a shopping cart.
is making or using some sort of cart an option??

Lee

Reaction score
cant help you buddy...... but if carrying a lot of weights a problem, the homeless man of the nineteen eighties was often seen in the streets of nyc pushing a shopping cart.
is making or using some sort of cart an option??

I'd never thought of that, but probably not. I'd need something that isn't going to be awkward to take place etc.

Teko

rooted
StP Supporter
Reaction score
ebay or amazon would be your best bet. what you are looking for is a weight/load bearing vest or a molle vest(newer version). search tactical gear setup and you should be able to reference any of the above terms. something instead of an alice pack would be and ILBE pack, come with MOLLE system and does not have a frame. they.are.made of some tough ass shit, little more costly bc they are new. and you can customize your rig how you want depending on what bags you put with it. that's why the MOLLE system is fucking awesome

Reactions: Mankini

Lee

Reaction score
ebay or amazon would be your best bet. what you are looking for is a weight/load bearing vest or a molle vest(newer version). search tactical gear setup and you should be able to reference any of the above terms. something instead of an alice pack would be and ILBE pack, come with MOLLE system and does not have a frame. they.are.made of some tough ass shit, little more costly bc they are new. and you can customize your rig how you want depending on what bags you put with it. that's why the MOLLE system is fucking awesome

Cheers man, I've actually been looking at getting a LBV, it's just finding a wait pack that is a decent size. I found one that claimed to be 70cmx60c, I asked the eBay seller if that was correct, and no answers. Cheers man, I'll check out the ILBE. What is it exactly, a pack that attachs to the vest? A waist pack?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads