Sleeping at Stansted London airport | Squat the Planet

Sleeping at Stansted London airport

iukzhe

Reaction score
Hi, this weekend I have a late arrival and early departure (around 7 hours of layover) at Stansted London airport, and I was looking up the best way to get some shut-eye that night. It turns out it's one of the worst airports in the world according to this website. I've been there already four years ago, but I didn't have to spend the night.

Has anyone been there, any experiences or tips? The nearby hotels are crazy expensive. I guess I'll just go there having slept siesta that day, prepared with entertainment and sensorial isolating equipment ::woot::

Thanks!
Adolba

subaculture

Reaction score
Reactions: iukzhe

iukzhe

Reaction score
Tomorrow's today, right?

There're some decent seats in the bus station downstairs with (useless for me that night) British plugs. Drinking water from a tap near the entrance to the toilet. Didn't even attempt to sleep, ended up chatting with a guy from Fuerteventura.

The Drifter

Reaction score
I've been there often and it's terrible, I went there a few months ago to take a flight to Dublin. They have wooden seats even when you get through airport security, there are more comfortable seats once you get to the boarding area. But I'm scared to fall asleep there in case I miss the flight.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads