2017 Jamboree - Showing up with little. | Squat the Planet

2017 Jamboree Showing up with little.

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2017 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Multifaceted

Reaction score
The closer I get to the Jambo the more concerned I become that I'll get there with nothing to contribute. Will the Jambo be able to support such strains on resources? It's entirely possible we get there with something in the way of bud or food, but it's not a sure thing.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i wouldn't worry. we'll have enough food on hand to feed everyone for at least one meal a day, and if you're going to be out here for more than the weekend, it's really easy to get food stamps out here. we should have a decent amount of booze for everyone (although if you can bring a bottle to add to the bar that would be helpful, but if you can't no worries!).

if there's any other specifics you're worried about just ask and i'll get back to you asap.

roguetrader

Reaction score
it's always possible to contribute in some way at underground events, even if its not with cash or supplies - what about helping cook food, wash dishes, clean the place up, sort the recycling, carry wood, tend the fire ? - to me the whole point of the DIY scene is that everyone can play a part….

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i heard water is always an issue in the slabs

Well have water for the event, but if you can kick in even a buck for it that would help since we do have to pay for it to be hauled out.

Reactions: Multifaceted
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads