Self fabricated alcohol cook stove/heater | Squat the Planet

Self fabricated alcohol cook stove/heater

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Was telling a fellow homebum about this the other day when he wanted to eat a can of chicken n dumplings and lamented he had no way to heat it.

Not a very resourceful person so can't see him making one but I was thinking of giving it a try but instead of a regular 12 oz can I think there are some larger ones might be better.

Specifically they been selling a fat can of Carlsberg beer here for 2.99 that might be a good one...

Or a can of Fosters might do it.

252_G_1449470052890.png

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
although we appreciate you sharing links to information that might be useful to the community, please take the time to write at least one or two sentences explaining what the link is about. just posting a link without any context is considered to be spam and is very much frowned upon.

also corrected the spelling of your thread title.

• Sad
Reactions: Goldenvoid

Antlered

Reaction score
These can be really tricky to make right so that they work properly. It needs a piece of carbon felt between the inner strip wall, and the outer can wall to act as a wick for the jets. It would be inserted at Step 9, right there where the first picture is. I could never get one to work right myself, they always seemed to leak. So I got a Trangia. I know it is heavier, and I didn't make it, but it was at a Goodwill for a buck and it can save fuel in the stove with a sealed lid.

Reactions: Odin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads