Scanners: Pro 83 alternatives? | Squat the Planet

Scanners: Pro 83 alternatives?

M

mishabigos

I've been watching Ebay for a cheap Radio Shack Pro 83 but most of them go for $50 or more with shipping. From what I've heard, it seems like the Pro 83 is the cheapest, smallest, most useful option. I might break down and pay $50 dollars unless anyone can recommend some other decent scanners that I could find for cheap on Ebay or Craigslist.
I appreciate any advice.

Withoutatrace

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Well one is now 36 bucks and that does not include shipping - And still a day to go.
So mishabogos could be right when he states they go for $50.

Withoutatrace

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
Pawnshops ar a good source for these. In any big city, the cops are digital...and this is usually why people get scanners, so they tend to be cheaper. CB'ers can also be a good source of these.

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
mishabigos said:
What do you guys think of a pro 94 scanner? I have an offer on Craigslist. How much would you pay depending on the condition?

Anything under 100 bones is a good deal. 1000 slots? wow...should cover just about all you would want.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads