scanner info. ARA channels

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
just got my hands on a uniden scanner a couple months back, its already programmed to most of the american railroad frequencies.
was wondering if anyone had any additional things i should program into it.
any advice helps.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Are you talking strictly trains? I take it your scanner has a pre set to scan the complete range of railroad frequencies?

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Reaction score
I have a 200 channel NASCAR scanner with 10 banks of 20. I use 96 channels (roughly 5 banks) for the railroad and then keep the others open for town specific channels.

Like if I'm riding Roseville to Ogden I'll program only the dispatch, road channels, and police mutual aid etc channels into bank 6 so that there's less time in between active channels.

Also when I'm in a smaller town that may be aggressive towards tramps I'll program the local police dispatch channel in. It's saved me a few times. I even heard them run a few of my friends else where in town.

I've always wanted to have it on when I'm getting ran so I can hear what comes back!

Reactions: RSTY802510

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads