Scanner hacks

R

RandomRaccoon

Hey I got a bc72xlt one of those shitty little compact nasccar scanners
I was told theres number combos oyu can press while powering on to open up a wider frequency range, but The inter net hates me and I cant find them worth sh*t. Can anyone help, wicked, thx

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
There are also some analog cordless phones around 902.12MHz ~ 927.29MHz, great for hearing the folks next door.

R

RandomRaccoon

Thanks for the replies, guess Ill have to bum around till I find a good antenna. So the less bands your antenna is tuned to does that mean the better it is for whatever it is???

sleep

Reaction score
The Uniden BC-95XLT Can Be Used As A Frequency Counter. To enter this mode Press "HOLD,3 and 0" while turning the Power On. You then can change the group of frequencies you wish to check. To do this use the Up and Down Arrow Keys. The Scanner will display the strongest frequency transmitted. Example: To check a Citizens Band Radio frequency, select The Lo group. If you Transmit on Channel 20 the scanner will display 27.205 MHz. You can check with a Ham Radio, Marine, GMRS, etc. It will display the frequency used. This Will also work on Uniden BC-92XLT & BC-72XLT. Should work with Radio Shack PRO-83 & PRO-84.

casper51_50

Reaction score
ya, i think so. I just remember that it was not used in correlation with any usual police frequency but also not used by anyone else in the yard, but the bulls.
I guess that probably is the police mutual aid.

churl

Reaction score
Website
clamstalk.com
I'm pretty sure if you wanna open up frequency ranges you have to change out a crystal or two. Sorry, no secret tricks, it's a hardware issue. Confirmed working: Frequency Counter= press (HOLD, 0, 3) while turning on.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads