Saying HI and Asking for Advice :)

sofirosebud

Reaction score
Hi i’m Sofi!

Let be honest every day I just dream about driving/scurrying off into the sunset. Been thinking about it every day since I gained consciousness.

When I was 15 I bought a 1988 Chevy bus in the hopes of converting it. Let’s just say I vastly overestimated my mechanical ability and motivation. Plus the fact that I am but a poor soul. In that regard, i have a question. Is it worth the time and money it will take to convert it or should I just drop out of society right now?

I really just want to be able to travel, participate in activism, and meet cool people. I just don’t know if traveling in a bus is affordable for an extended period of time.

Reactions: nightwriter

Ynwdwndrr

Reaction score
Hi i’m Sofi!

Let be honest every day I just dream about driving/scurrying off into the sunset. Been thinking about it every day since I gained consciousness.

When I was 15 I bought a 1988 Chevy bus in the hopes of converting it. Let’s just say I vastly overestimated my mechanical ability and motivation. Plus the fact that I am but a poor soul. In that regard, i have a question. Is it worth the time and money it will take to convert it or should I just drop out of society right now?

I really just want to be able to travel, participate in activism, and meet cool people. I just don’t know if traveling in a bus is affordable for an extended period of time.

Can't ssy bout traveling in a bus (money n such converting it)

Energy n time to converting it -- personal energy -- feel may help/be fun/nice if have friends may help? Can do it together <3
If have folk be interested doing that

Reactions: sofirosebud

tobepxt

Reaction score
Website
wastedlandz.tumblr.com
What kind mechanical problems are you looking at? Most vehicle maintenance isn't too hard. There's always YouTube..
As far as money for converting it. You don't need much to be comfortable on the road.

Just noticed you said a bus. That I'm less familiar with but still... Sounds like a lot of fun. I say do it

sofirosebud

Reaction score
What kind mechanical problems are you looking at? Most vehicle maintenance isn't too hard. There's always YouTube..
As far as money for converting it. You don't need much to be comfortable on the road.

Just noticed you said a bus. That I'm less familiar with but still... Sounds like a lot of fun. I say do it

I’m not sure the problems. I’m hoping to save up and get a mechanic to check it out before i put in the work.

Thankfully it’s a short bus so it’s much less work to convert. Definitely gonna try! If not i’ll find another way!

Syadasti

Reaction score
What do you consider 'affordable living' and how comfortable are you with being uncomfortable? What kind of budget would you have on the road? Where do you see yourself participating in activism?

A fancy, tricked out ride is always nice but maybe you should go with bare bones essentials and go from there. What those essentials are will depend on how you plan on living.

Ask around- someone you know or someone that someone you know is bound to be good with vehicles and can maybe give you a diagnosis for less?

nightwriter

Reaction score
Hi i’m Sofi!

I really just want to be able to travel, participate in activism, and meet cool people. I just don’t know if traveling in a bus is affordable for an

Can't ssy bout traveling in a bus (money n such converting it)

Energy n time to converting it -- personal energy -- feel may help/be fun/nice if have friends may help? Can do it together <3
If have folk be interested doing that

I am a folk interested in doing this.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads