Satellite communicator | Squat the Planet

Satellite communicator

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
so the cheapest tier is $25/mo to send 25 text messages via satellite. i don't think you're going to find many in this community that are going to be remote enough to pay that kind of money for such limited communication. might be useful in certain situations, but probably not for most people.

allyncooper

Reaction score
so the cheapest tier is $25/mo to send 25 text messages via satellite. i don't think you're going to find many in this community that are going to be remote enough to pay that kind of money for such limited communication. might be useful in certain situations, but probably not for most people.
Agreed. Most on this site would probably be in cell range enuf wouldn't make it worth it. On the other hand I'll probably get one because I plan on long term boondock overlanding. Just depends on what your nomadic lifestyle is.

DrewSTNY

Reaction score
Back country connectivity is always troublesome even in the Eastern part of the US. Most NFS and National Park areas don't have good cell service in my experience, so something like this is good to have. The unlimited messaging otherwise is good if it can connect to spotty service. Being a dirty scout doesn't mean having to go without comms. 😁

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads