Salutations from Oakland!

Rolling Blackouts

Reaction score
Haven't posted on here in a while, nor done much in terms of hobo distance in the last year due to my work life.
I help run a radical collective recycling firm based out of a Burning Man Warehouse. It's crazy fun.
Been here about a year now, and still trying to figure out whats good.
Just wondering if there's other rad folk on this forum permanently based in Oakland? or if anyone's passing through and needs some info.
Raise Hell my friends!

Reactions: eske silver

Doc Road

Reaction score
yeah man! im heading out there soon. ganna need some info for certain. just been fucking texas. so ready to be back in norcal!

eske silver

In Disguise
Reaction score
Hallo Rolling!
Im from Oakland, born and raised.
Just got back from the middlewest two weeks ago.
There's a bunch of people in Oakland on here!
:)

eske silver

In Disguise
Reaction score
It IS paradise, right?!
Oakland is the shit.
I was joking around with a friend the other day about "the American Dream" and how if the US were the whole world, people would come here seeking "the Oakland Dream".
I love it.

D

deleted user

It IS paradise, right?!
Oakland is the shit.
I was joking around with a friend the other day about "the American Dream" and how if the US were the whole world, people would come here seeking "the Oakland Dream".
I love it.

"if americans want to live the american dream, they should move to denmark"

Rolling Blackouts

Reaction score
Sweetest gig in the world - essentially, rich people pay us to make things go away. Sky's the limit in terms of free swag. It's a dumpster diver's pipedream of a job.

Oakland has been buckwild lately. 4th of July here makes for an anti-nationalist warzone.

crow jane

Reaction score
dude, the 4th was inSANE. Watched the warzone from the hills at Joaquin Miller park.

im in Oakland for a while living and recording. Always down for some railfaning and drinkin' and whatnot

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
is the recycling place hiring? :D

also, it's nice to see so many people that are in oakland or going to be, im thinking about spending the fall/winter there, so it would be nice to meet some people when i get there.

eske silver

In Disguise
Reaction score
Howdy Eske Karl!
What's good in the hood?

Howdo!
It's all good. I've been kicking it mostly in the Bottoms Lower - One of favorite hoods.
I'm at the Rev aaall the time these days. An oldie and a goodie.
It's nice to be back in my hometown after traveling SO much in the last year.
I'm down in SC right now, camping & visiting family/friends
but I'll be back up in Oak end of this week.

The 4th Was crazy.
Not as crazy as a couple year back though, when a bunch of cars got bombed and torched. THAT shit was insane.

RAZE

Reaction score
Whatsup, i just got here from sanjose, trying to go to shows and make contacts with bands that want all ages shows to book in east side sanjose.
everythings fucking different, hahaha. i havent been here for a longterm visit for a year.
here for like two weeks, writing and doing interviews for a zine im putting together.
at the holdout right now.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads