salut salut salut

scarlet

Reaction score
Finally making the jump.
Heading to Paris, France on the first of February.
Figure after this there is no regression.

vivre sa vie.

Agni Riniari

<(-.-<) ^(-.-)^ (>-.-)> ^(-.-)^ <(-.-<)
Reaction score
I love Paris. France, in general, was one of the most beautiful places I had ever seen.

Gawd, I am so jealous. ;P

What do you have as a strategy out there, or, is your plan to not have a plan?

- Agni

scarlet

Reaction score
Somewhat.
Tryin' to make it to Ireland around march and maybe Amsterdam in April. But all I know is that
I have a plane ticket that leaves from the frisco airport at an ungodly hour.

Agni Riniari

Reaction score
I have a chick friend in Ireland. I do not recall what area, I would have to ask. Also, I did once know a guy who lived in Amsterdam and invited to have me come and stay with him for a time while he and I were basically living in the woods in New Jersey with a bunch of other people, years back. I would go with you in a second, but, teh passport needs to be renewed.

My experience in France was great.

Are you worried about anything in particular?

Also, do you speak any French?

- Agni

scarlet

Reaction score
Yes I am almost fluent. I figure staying in the city for a while will have me speaking
a peu pres parfaite!
Ugh passports are such a hassle. Luckily my friend payed for mine a year ago when we went to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico to be beach
gypsies for a few weeks.

As for been worried about anything mainly just food. But I hear they have dirt cheap student cafeterias, and I'm sure their dumpsters are filled to the brim with bread haha.

Agni Riniari

Reaction score
Perfect. The language is one of the biggest issues when people go over there. People tend to come back with these stories of being completely despised, and, yet, the majority of the time that happens it is because that person or persons expected the people over there to speak English and got upset when they did not. So, you will have a great amount of respect, at least, when you are there.

Now, for the food and dumpsters, I would not know much about that, because I just so happened to be able to pay my way while I was there. Though, I would feel that it is rather inexpensive to keep oneself fed, at least. Also, I saw a few people spanging on the street while I was there, and it seems that people might be somewhat helpful, depending on the area you are in (I was in Lyon, when I saw them). Generosity seems to be much more widespread over there, then here.

And, if all else fails, the U.S. Embassy, in any country, I hear, will fly you back to America if you get really stuck somewhere and are in trouble. Though, this is not from firsthand experience, it is only what I recall reading somewhere.

I do not have any friends in Paris, at this time. One friend who is from Germany is currently studying in Lyon. So, if you ever find yourself out that way, maybe let me know and she might be able to show you some places to get some help.

- Agni

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads