2016 Jamboree - Running DnD/Pathfinder at the Jambo | Squat the Planet

2016 Jamboree Running DnD/Pathfinder at the Jambo

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2016 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaseur

Just a vagabond, singing the song of freedom
Reaction score
Hey guys, in another thread there was a small discussion around people wanting to maybe play a tabletop rpg.

I'm starting this thread to judge interest and to find DMs.

The three main systems currently in use are
Pathfinder
5e

I have extensive knowledge concerning Pathfinder and can absolutely teach and DM that form. I've never played 3.5 but I have some knowledge of 5e.

If you're willing/able to DM any of these let me know.

If you have any questions about this, the differences between versions, never played before etc. Feel free to ask! I'll do my best to respond

final note I do have my dice with me; I travel with them and can supply enough for a small group with some sharing.

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
I've never played DnD but would totally try if it happened at the Jambo. Is there an overview I can look at somewhere? It seems kind of hard to learn.

Also, can we call it Dumpsters & Dragons?

autumn

Lurker
Reaction score
I don't want to DM but I will if nobody else will.

I've never played DnD but would totally try if it happened at the Jambo. Is there an overview I can look at somewhere? It seems kind of hard to learn.

Also, can we call it Dumpsters & Dragons?

It's not that complicated at it's core. You build a character, they have stats and abilities. The DM tells you what's going on and you tell the DM what you want to do. You roll a d20 to determine the result of your actions most of the time. It's buttloads of fun.

The last DnD game I played, I was a 2,000 year old elf with a walker, who ran a group home for retarded halflings, so I masterminded these little tards into a gang of drug-peddling, meth-cooking criminals, including a warrior named Babu who could only say his name like Hodor. It was a party of 6, we ended up playing for 10 hours. Including 3 people that had never played DnD before! It has that effect on people.

I've never been happier waiting to catch out than the time I stumbled into a group of people playing DnD in the jungle.

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
this is hilarious. i was thinking this might have to be something for after the jambo, but 'dumpsters and dragons' sounds way too amazing.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
ha - old boyfriend was dungeon master - rather fun to sit with all the manuals of the characters/attributes etc and plan the travels/dungeons. However I cannot play them anymore, spending 16 hrs in one sitting was a norm for a while (rpgs) terrible addiction ;)

D

deleted user

I think Matt's point of playing after the jamboree would be best. Their is gonna be alot of stuff going on and DND just between 4 experienced players is a hour set up usually ( plus refreshing mechanics and figuring house rules) I know caveman knows frist addition as do I so that's good. I'm gonna make footnotes on my DND thread to help show the basics later

S

sasquatch

You should consider trying apocalypse world. The rules are more streamlined and allows for faster play. You can control whole gangs and take out mobs of guys with just one roll of the dice. Only requires the pdf which are available and some six sided dice. Rules can be a little vague, but allows for more creativity and freedom and takes less planning.

1st Ed rule book can be downloaded from their site for free here:
http://apocalypse-world.com/

Preview:
http://apocalypse-world.com/AW-basicplaybooks-legal.pdf

LeeenPocket

Reaction score
Hey! Two potential 3.5 DMs here. We got character sheets, dice, minis, hard copy core books, and pretty much every other book in digital format. Super excited. Been rubber tramping for a few months and haven't been able to play at all. I don't have a ton of DM experience myself, my partner has bit more. But I'm sure we can find some adventure either way.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
fuck yeah, i've never actually played with people before, so i think this is going to be pretty epic.

AzureSoul

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I can DM...but I can't get there...

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: Matt Derrick

LeeenPocket

Reaction score
Pretty stoked about this. Jay's coming up with some campaign ideas. He can DM if needed, but I know he'd rather be a player. We were at one of those pay by the pound goodwills yesterday and found a bunch of double-sided gaming map pieces which probably ended up costing a couple cents a piece. And, like I said, we're probably staying all winter. So we are up for a lot of gaming.

Reactions: VikingAdventurer

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Pretty stoked about this. Jay's coming up with some campaign ideas. He can DM if needed, but I know he'd rather be a player. We were at one of those pay by the pound goodwills yesterday and found a bunch of double-sided gaming map pieces which probably ended up costing a couple cents a piece. And, like I said, we're probably staying all winter. So we are up for a lot of gaming.
Nice, i'm excited to have people to play with!

Sent from my LG-H815 using the Squat the Planet mobile app!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads