1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. If you're new to the world of underground travel, you should check out The Anarchist's Guide to Travel! This 243 page book is a how-2 manual of everything you need to know about exploring the world through hitchhiking, train hopping, bike touring, rubber tramping, sailing, and more! Included in this book are instructions on how to survive on the road (gear, food, money, etc) and answers all of the most common questions we get here on StP in one easy reference. Save yourself hours of searching the forums while still supporting the StP community! Click here for more information!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

resolution revolution kickin off 18

Discussion in 'Bike Touring' started by dontpanic, Dec 24, 2017.

1. dontpanic

dontpanic Celebrated Poster

Featured Threads:
    railblazer
    Address:
    Avon, IN, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +122 / -4
    So I rescued a stripped specializied. Put the parts on and made her go. So far I've ridden from sac to Fairfield. Got my pack and gear fitted onto the bike on a surly rack and an old milk crate. Also the mollie gear that you can mod a newer military pack with is a great substitute for real paniers. I'll show my bike in a later post. Much props to Matt on creating a guide for touring with less monies. So far it has been a blast I'm sure there are rough roads ahead but I'm seeing more of the world around me and meeting interesting people that are interested in what I'm doing. This is definitely a must try form of travel for any kid who thinks he got the chops. Currently heading into the city and gonna bike the 1. Anyone wanna meet up lmk

2. Tude

Tude Sometimes traveler is traveling.
    Staff Member Moderator

Featured Threads:
    College staff
    Address:
    Rochester, NY, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +2,944 / -11
    Sweet! Looking forward to a pic of your ride!!! And your travels - you on the 1!

3. ROADFLOWER

ROADFLOWER One of the Regulars

sure
    Address:
    McCall, ID, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +48 / -0
    i have been seeing more and more of biking on here and the stories are all good. i feel like i will give it a try one day. for now i will fallow you lol! thanks for posting, I'm excited to read more and hear some travel stories.... godspeed friend

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    dontpanic

Featured Threads:
    railblazer
    Address:
    Avon, IN, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +122 / -4
    IMG_20171226_144843. IMG_20171227_133529.
    IMG_20171226_144843.

• Like Like x 1
  5. oak moth

oak moth is getting to know the place

Address:
    Westfield, MA, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    I guess I’ve resolved to finally start touring this spring! I did a really short tour ages ago and always wanted to be a bike bum, and I finally got a touring rig about two years ago, but haven’t been able to take off yet because of health issues. But I think this is the year. Gonna start with some short trips around New England then hopefully make it out west or down to the gulf or something for next winter. Or something maybe... I don’t fucking know I’m just stoked to be heading out again hopefully. I want to live off the bike as long as I can, that’s my resolution.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    dontpanic

Featured Threads:
    railblazer
    Address:
    Avon, IN, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +122 / -4
    So far I've gone from sac, to the bay, down to Monterey, now I'm moving back up the one. 50 miles today my longest ride in a single day!

• Like Like x 1