Redneck Troubles - abandoned railroad hike, Central TX

West

Squatter Fodder
Reaction score
It was around 9:00 when our tired, insect-bitten legs hauled our fatigued bodies towards the abandoned railroad trestle bridge. Crossing earlier in the day had been difficult enough - many of the tracks were rotten, cracked or missing - but it was now dark, and the sliver of a moon shone only faintly through a humid layer of windswept fog. As we neared the colossal struts, we began to hear loud talk and laughter, and the clinking of beer bottles and cans down below. A quick look as we started over the bridge showed a few young rednecks using lights to catch fish that hid near the rusting columns. I had a golf ball in my hand that I'd been itching to throw - there's nothing wants to be thrown more than a golf ball. And so I waited 'till my friend was mostly across, then flung it down where it made a big splash next to them in the water.
"F*** YOU" a hill-country voice yelled over the water, "You D*** GAR!"
(He had mistaken the splash of the golf ball as an 'alligator gar,' a type of large, ugly fish.)
I chuckled a little, then yelled "YEeeeahhhh-hayyy!" in the hickest accent I could muster.
"Hey F*** you! Shut up, you're scarin' the fish!"
"SAVE YOUR CONFEDERATE DOLLARS, BOYS, THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!" I yelled.
We made it over the bridge with a lot of threats and thrown rocks and swear-words, and we both about fell of the bridge laughing.
June 2013 Pt. II 003.JPG

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
Everything everyone's been typing has been hard to read lately unless I bust out my laptop.

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
That was almost like magic! (thanks you)

Reactions: EphemeralStick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads