Rediscovering the joys of bare feet

MunicipalWaylan

Reaction score
I just walked across town barefoot, it was awesome. I used to walk barefoot everywhere but stopped because I got paranoid about slicing my feet up. Does anyone else love the feeling of walking bare foot, your feet getting rubbed raw and stained black? Its awesome.

M

Monkeywrench

I loved walking around barefoot until I started traveling and ended up in cities where being barefoot is a really, really bad idea. ie DC, Camden NJ, New Orleans, NYC. In the sticks, or suburbs, though.. it's barefoot time!

ridegnu

Reaction score
Barefoot Technology, so advanced.

I trekked half of Cali. and over half of Mexico after someone stole my shoes and pants while I was in the shower in Yosemite. Meanwhile, the old road dog of a bum I had met, happened to be in stall next to me. What does he find when he gets out of the shower, a $50 Kickdown in his boots, pFft

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I absolutely love being barefoot! like Wrench said, not so much in the cities. bu twhen I'm out in the woods and its spring or summer, I'll go barefoot allday!

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score

vegetarianathan

Reaction score
I just walked across town barefoot, it was awesome. I used to walk barefoot everywhere but stopped because I got paranoid about slicing my feet up. Does anyone else love the feeling of walking bare foot, your feet getting rubbed raw and stained black? Its awesome.

I remember a few years back camping with my grandparents in Locust Grove, I walked a mile or so to the dried river every day (beautiful viewpoint from there in my opinion) for 4 days and on the last day on the way back, stepped on a broken bottle from the jocky kids and got my foot cut up. Had to walk back 1/4 of a mile like that. Only time it's ever happened though, so I don't worry about it really.

ayron

Reaction score
mmm barefeet is like fucking heaven! no question about it, you can climb anything, feel super connected to the earth and feel like a hobbit. fuck socks n shoes....but at the same time pavment destroys my feet after a day of walking on it so meh

coldsteelrail

Reaction score
i've spent entire summers in bare feet, without any shoes at all...but usually the forest will get my eventually, and leave uncomfortable stab marks in my foot, that require the use of boots for healing.

Cade

Reaction score
The first few weeks that I walk barefooted on gravel, it hurts like hell. Then after that the bottom of my feet turn black and callused and I can walk across gravel all day! I can go weeks without my shoes.

seasonchange

Reaction score
love being barefoot. was forced to when i went camping with some friends this summer. got so drunk i left my shoes outside the night of a rainstorm; they were musty and damp for days afterwards so i refused to put them on, no matter where i was going. turns out some shops didn't even notice or care.
a little dangerous walking barefoot in alleyways, though. got a few bits of glass in my feet a couple months ago thanks to a several unseen broken bottles. resulted in a painful infection and scarring.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads