Reddit's /u/huckstah just published the Vagabond Bible(2015) (1 Viewer)

T

Toasty Tramp

I deleted myself
Copypasta from the thread, all credit to /u/huckstah

- - - -

The NEW Vagabond Bible (2015)! (541MB File)

Consider this the digital First-Aid kit to living life on the road, rails, or trails! One compressed and downloadable file containing:

• International Road/Highway Maps
  • North American Railroad Maps
  • Survival Books
  • Trainhopping Advice
  • Emergency Vagabond Information
  • Hobo Fishing Advice
  • And more!
The Vagabond Bible(2015) is a MUST HAVE for any digital traveler!

All of these files were organized and converted to PDF format so that you can easily store them on your smartphone, ebook, tablet, netbook, and other portable devices!

THESE FILES ARE FOR EDUCATIONAL AND EMERGENCY PURPOSES ONLY, AVAILABLE FOR HOMELESS TRAVELERS THAT CANNOT OTHERWISE AFFORD SUCH CRITICAL INFORMATION. IN RESPECT TO THE AUTHORS, DO NOT ABUSE.

DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK: http://tinyurl.com/l5yhbk3

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!
OP
T

Toasty Tramp

I deleted myself
I EVEN SEARCHED. FUCK I feel dumb hahaha.

highwayman

Emperor of the North Pole
Hometown
Mostly in New Bedford, Mass when home.
Its all good, I am sure its a decent basic resource for those uneducated & inexperienced in traveling. I know that huck is in all the media these days but dont recall him contributing much to STP much so I welcome this link.

Hobo Huck

Pilgrim
Hometown
Trainyard, USA
Website
www.reddit.com
I used to do alot of contributing in the trainhopping forum in my earlier days, but thats another story.

On that note, I was pretty active on STP 2 years ago and I hooked up several people on STP with jobs in Alaska (see my Cannery post), and 4 of us STP users worked at one cannery together and had a blast. After Alaska, I sort of went awol from the internet period. A couple of my friends were murdered in Hawaii, I assisted in the families investigation, and things got a bit heated up. I had to go offline and hide on a farm on Mauna Loa mountain. I didn't even visit my own website during that time.

After leaving Hawaii, I spent several months traveling the midwest, working various jobs, and I only really got online to quickly check maps, text friends, etc. Very, very little online activity. I just didn't have time for internet period.

I think it's a bit unfair to say that I haven't contributed to STP, especially considering that I advertise STP at r/vagabond and advise many of my subscribers to visit this forum, checkout STP users blogs and videos, and utilize the resources available here.

The Vagabond Bible is still a work in progress. Wizehop (another STP user) is currently helping me tweak it into something cooler, and we'll try to update it soon. I'll let y'all know when it's ready, and I have no problems with anyone linking to it. Kudos.

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Hometown
Austin, TX
Website
youtube.com
I think it's a bit unfair to say that I haven't contributed to STP, especially considering that I advertise STP at r/vagabond and advise many of my subscribers to visit this forum, checkout STP users blogs and videos, and utilize the resources available here.
the link alone has helped hundreds of people find StP, so for that I thank you :)

Hobo Huck

Pilgrim
Hometown
Trainyard, USA
Website
www.reddit.com
@Matt Derrick

I need to actually update the link that is on this post. I compressed the file from 725mb to 325mb for easier downloading. I also optmized the PDF's and made all of them text-searchable, including the maps. Is there anywhere I can post a link to it or upload the file to STP?

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Hometown
Austin, TX
Website
youtube.com
@Matt Derrick

I need to actually update the link that is on this post. I compressed the file from 725mb to 325mb for easier downloading. I also optmized the PDF's and made all of them text-searchable, including the maps. Is there anywhere I can post a link to it or upload the file to STP?
although you may want to consider uploading it somewhere other than google drive, since there's limited bandwith on that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
loathsomeginger Train Hopping 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Beautiful day to be alive and listen to the birds chirp, remembering to be grateful for what we have and not worry about what we have not.
Healthy in PDX. Back here after years to keep track of those bugging out and to check in on those still on the road.
Just found out my neighbor died. One day I'm helping him change his starter, the next he's gone. Just walked around inside his house. That would be the first time I have smelled death. The eeriest though was that the UPS guy still left him a package. PS He was a big John Wayne fan!! RIP Rick!
SIX10 wrote on Cussock's profile.
whatz your avatar from?? looks sick
Twin cities folks, anybody looking to go out, maintain a respectable distance, and explore something this Friday night?
Committed phone memory to two of these guys albums just last night, after not listening to them for years. Found out today that one of em died just two days prior.
They fathered ebm in 1981 -the same genre of industrial that NIN brought to the mainstream over 10 years later.

Dude thinks he's gonna "make a deal" with the virus.

It's like a virtual pact with *Satan*.👹 Maybe if he sacrifices all the helpless ones to the thing, the devil will just let him be? Let him keep his status, his presidency, his supporters?

Staff online

Members online