Recommendations on Hostels in Tampa Florida

japanarchist

Reaction score
Hey y’all, I’m going to be heading to Tampa at the end of this month to visit family for a few days. This will be my first time ever going to FL and i want see if anyone has recommendations for a cool hostel to stay at? I’d also love any recommendations on cool things to check out there, and If anyones around and wants to shoot the shit for a bit then I’m game.

I’ll probably get there on the 31st of August.

Ynwdwndrr

Reaction score
Stayed at Gram's one feel has cool community; building feels like a treehouse/beehive vibe: lots different rooms, stairs & spaces to wander thru. It's in Ybor. Pretty near down town & the water.

the city was pretty cool w me hanging a hammock for the day, too. Or just got away w it 😊

Also cheaper (?) Or ish option is at the Floridian hotel. Multiple bunks in a room. Not as atmospheric but met some people & was a unique hotelish exp. Plus get bfast in the morning.

Idk/remember if got food w the other

Reactions: japanarchist

BlackJack

Reaction score
Grams is a pretty cool place. Found a geocache near their front door. It's a little ways from Ybor. It's in Seminole Heights, which has been Gentrified. Lots of hipster hangouts and breweries if you're into those sort of things.

Reactions: japanarchist

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
Hey y’all, I’m going to be heading to Tampa at the end of this month to visit family for a few days. This will be my first time ever going to FL and i want see if anyone has recommendations for a cool hostel to stay at? I’d also love any recommendations on cool things to check out there, and If anyones around and wants to shoot the shit for a bit then I’m game.

I’ll probably get there on the 31st of August.

I hope you found one. Let me know if you did.

I'm in the Tampa area and as far as I know, there isn't anything decent anywhere around here, except for the free camping at the Serenova Tract (BLM) in Land O Lakes.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads