Re: good quality messenger bag

M

monster

good quality messenger bag

I'm dragging this over from The Black Market so I can steer the subject a bit. You want a messenger bag? Make one out of copious lesser bags!

For anyone who still cares, I've seen this fused plastics method repeated with decent/admirable results.

As a former messenger, I can say that this thing would have never held 30+ lbs. of slate samples, but they're still completely badass and pretty tough.

This is a blog post about it with PDF instruction:
http://eeio.blogspot.com/2004/12/recycl ... enger.html

churl

Reaction score
Website
clamstalk.com

another good waterproof material is truck tarp. it's the same material that most of the messenger bags use as their lining. these can be found on flatbed tractor-trailers rolled up and tied down with a few black bungee cords. these tarps weigh alot for one person to carry far, (14oz a square yard) and they tend to cover over a shipment spanning 53'. ive been making and selling messenger bags using this material for a while, it's great stuff. (the cheapest used truck tarp ive found online was around $200)

neeko

Reaction score

a fiend o' mine and meself made some good ones out of "borrowed" post office sacks

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads