Rain gear

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Grundens isint bad, but they are heavy and they don't hold up the greatest.

Ynwdwndrr

Reaction score
Yee hear that. Most rain gear not last--esp plasticy stuff. in muh exp. But that's ruff outside work, too. So...

Use layers help w insulating at least <3 maybe not the greatest challenge summer can help. Like wool layer.

hoebosto

Reaction score
Just a simple 5 dollar poncho from Walmart did me right on the appalchain trail and on trains. You can kind of sit on it while it's on and it creates a little tent. That pvc type fabric is the only thing I know that is truly waterproof.

laughingman

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm also a big frog toggs fan. But I agree they are a bit fragile. Expensive rain gear is kind of like burning money in my experience. There is also no such thing as waterproof breathable. If you can get away with a rain poncho The frog toggs ones are awesome. If your looking for a buy it once solution the only thing I know about is waxed canvas which if you maintain it very regularly is both waterproof and durable but if you don't maintain is is absorbent and honorably heavy.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads