RAGBRAI - July Ride

Jerrell

Reaction score
It just occurred to me that not a lot of people outside Iowa probably know about RAGBRAI. It's a bicycle event where you ride across Iowa. I've never personally made the ride, but have hosted riders coming through my town in the past. The route changes every year. I've always heard that it's a great experience. It costs some $ to register, but seems to me that someone could just blend in because there's usually a LOT of riders.

Here's the website for anyone interested:

https://ragbrai.com/

(I realize this post could have gone in the Events section, but since it is a bicycle thing, I figured this would be as good of a spot. Apologies if it needs to be in Events and feel free to delete this parentheses section)

Last edited:
Reactions: MolotovMocktail

Dmac

Reaction score
Nice post. I live in Omaha and ragbrai is a big thing in the summer. But it does get a ton of people participating from all over the us. The parties in all the small cities along the route are always fun. It is a one way ride, so most who do it have someone driving a support vehicle. Fun time for sure.

Reactions: Jerrell

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads