rafting

Kalalau

Reaction score
make sure it's held together ridiculously tightly... moving water will shred just about anything... I've always wanted to make a 55 gallon drum pontoon raft.. I've used a giant garbage can to ferry my pack across some pretty rough ocean.... word to the wise.. respect the water.

Meske

Reaction score
I've worked on some whitewater rivers and they definitely can destroy just about anything. If the river is rough I would either portage the big rapids or use a standard raft. As far as flat water goes a canoe would be about the cheapest/free (i've seen a lot of canoes just rotting and going to waste in peoples yards) thing, and it is fast and efficient. Plus you can sleep in the bottom of one if it doesn't have too much stuff in it. I've never build a raft though.

614 crust

Ex-Moderator / Elitist asshole
Reaction score
Website
feralkidscreations.com
I've always wanted to make a 55 gallon drum pontoon raft.

I'm on probation and can't really travel much for the next year and a half, But during this time I plan on building a pontoon to ride the Ohio and the Mississippi from some point in Ohio to NOLA after I get off paper.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads