r/vagabond Admins censoring at their own will | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

r/vagabond Admins censoring at their own will

Status
Not open for further replies.

warlo

Reaction score
Website
www.bonsai.cf
I meant I understand why it's deleted not why you got banned. I. Don't want to get in an internet argument if it means a lot to you of course you can discuss away here or whatever. I just don't like all the infighting weird drama shit that seems to be creeping in a lot of communities I'm involved in
Dont worry, I am not intending to drama with you, and I misunderstood as if you said the whole deal was being properly handled by huckstah. Anyways, I still disagree with (at least) that thread being deleted, there was nothing wrong with it except that this guy's feelings got hurt as he identifies as Hobo.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
all I would say is take it up with the higher up redditors if you don't like the way huck is administering the site. that or start your own subreddit. what are you expecting anybody here at STP to do about it?

roguetrader

Reaction score
He's just letting us know about the issue because many people who visit STP also seem to visit r/vagabond and may be interested - it might be because its Winter and I got nothing better to do but it seems relevant to me - I thought forums were for sounding out a lot of different opinions....

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
yea, forums are for sounding out different opinions. but I guess that's all this thread is for then, to vent frustration and opinions. unless there is some kind of action that is going to be produced from it...we are just "kicking a can" around so to speak, and it seems pretty trivial to me

so far I've pretty much only seen posts badmouthing Huck, yet no one has suggested any kind of solution to the problem

Last edited:

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
go ahead and dislike my post even tho its the truth. you can continue to bitch about huck and r/vagabond while nothing gets done about it. this thread is a waste of time

T

tintinhurray

(Directed at this Huck character, referring to his "IamA" Reddit post). Yes I know this is a bit off topic, but hell..

You mean you were chased by a bunch of drug-hyped killers wielding guns that felt like you owed them something and just ran away from them?
"Hawaiian mafia", "Tijuana cartel", "Jewish mafia", "Colombian cartel"...
Sounds like nothin' but story telling, to me.
Nonetheless, why in the hell would anyone feel proud of being a supporter of such an immoral organization as the cartel?...

This kind of big-headed behavior is so childish and yet it seems as though people take a liking to that kind of shit. It's a trait of the sheeple.

warlo seems both idealistic and respectful in his post, but he's getting a bunch of shit. Strange.

Anyways, cheers! ::alien::

roguetrader

Reaction score
question for Matt or the Mod Team relating to this ish - do you have much of a problem with trolls here at STP ? after reading a fair few posts at r/Vagabond it seems like Huckstah and his crew are dealing with them all the time.. although obviously what constitutes trolling behaviour is highly debatable - Huck constantly refers to people stirring up drama on the site - i have not noticed much of this here at STP.... i have heard it said that the best way to deal with trolls is not taking the bait and getting wound up - they are trying to get a reaction out of people after all - if you don't play they go away, yeah ?

W

Wingate

Huck is ridiculous. This "it hurts my ears" nonsense is crazy. This is from his reddit post explaining the contents of his bag. He also mentions starting a travel blog or doc, things he talked shit on recently,

"
They're not trolls by any means, they're usually people who just highly disagree with him or the lifestyle asking questions. He doesn't like that. Him automatically labeling people who disagree with him as trolls is a huge fallacy.

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
This thread has run its course and is starting to devolve into personal attacks so I'm locking it. If you must continue this conversation, you can take it to private messages but it's not serving any productive purpose as a public thread.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
So, not that anyone asked me to, but I've decided I'm going to throw in my two cents on this issue.

First, I've been offline while all this went down, so I'm just reading about it now. I don't know what threads were deleted, and what wasn't or what hobohuck's thought process was when removing any threads. all in all, it seems like a lot of people getting upset about a whole lot of nothing.

as for @MolotovMocktail 's decision to lock this thread, i stand by it. frankly this thread wasn't going anywhere for quite a few posts, and towards the end it was clearly going the route of a flame war against someone that isn't here to defend themselves. Also, this thread doesn't really have much to do with StP or even the travel community, but more had to do with a disagreement between two people. this disagreement didn't take place on StP, and doesn't really have much to do with it, other than possibly serving as an example to others what can happen in these situations. so if that was the purpose of creating this thread, i believe it's accomplished that.

@warlo unfortunately some things are just outside your control. one of the great things about the internet is that if you don't like the way it's being done somewhere you can always go do it yourself somewhere else (or join a different group of people doing the same thing).

@warlo you also reported @MolotovMocktail 's post announcing the locking of this thread with the following message:

seriously? locking a post that is discussing censorship in another forum that wont let the discussion go? where are we supposed to have this conversation then? I dont see the point of having it locked, no one has been getting its feelings hurt or expressed anything close to that as of yet. really, is this serious??? cant admin / mods of forums take a bit of discussion? Im starting to believe that its not possible to talk about anything serious on the online traveler community.

in order to keep discussions on track and relevant to the community, we sometimes lock, edit, or delete threads in order to keep StP a fun and interesting place for the community as a whole. no one likes reading a message board full of spam and flame wars. we have not deleted your thread, so we haven't censored you; we've merely done our jobs by keeping a thread from devolving into a flame war no one was interested in (there are several comments in this thread from StP members stating this).

Reactions: iamwhatiam
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads