Quick quiz on your ecological effect. | Squat the Planet

Quick quiz on your ecological effect.

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
i got a 9, and 1.9 planets. my food got me, since I eat anything. But it's 90% TRASH!!! I don't pay for hardly anything I eat. they didn't ask that.

M

Mady

Well dumpsters would imply that you don't PAY for meat or diary, i would count that as a vegan lifestyle. And if you eat prepackaged food, but don't pay for it, i wouldn't count it either.

S

solo

1.8 planets. Like others, the house is what got me, but if pitching a tent on public land was legal and free/no worries about getting woken up by cops, I'd do it. Essentially we are coerced into abusing the earth, especially in the US.

I would consider dumpstering meat even better for the planet than buying vegan, since you're pretty much squatting in someone elses (rather large) footprint instead of in that instance creating your own footprint by giving money/labor to put some extra amount of land in production for you.

But the dumpsters are more and more locked up. Might as well at least create an FNB front group and go through the front door. Also I would love to plant the city with edible perennials, especially fruit trees that are lower maintenance. But pretty much everyone I know is thinking day to day, instead of 5 or 10 years down the road.

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
Mady Klepto wrote:
Well dumpsters would imply that you don't PAY for meat or diary, i would count that as a vegan lifestyle. And if you eat prepackaged food, but don't pay for it, i wouldn't count it either.

I never buy meat, and only RARELY buy dairy. both are easy to dive. people are all so sketchy about expiration dates... sheep. I try to stay away from most prepackaged foods ( heat & eat crap) cause that stuff is just plain poison. slow acting poison, but poison nonetheless.

hmmm... I never considered myself a vegan or a vegetarian, since I will eat about anything, but I guess if you think of the political side, then if I don't monetarily support it... food for thought. :)

I have been hearing the term 'freegan' lately, and thought that it applied to me. it's just refusing to pay for food, based on the view that enough is thrown away to survive on right?

I have been hearing the term 'freegan' lately, and thought that it applied to me. it's just refusing to pay for food, based on the view that enough is thrown away to survive on right?

Freegan is the combination of free +vegan. Freegans don't buy animal products (like vegans), but may eat animal products if they would otherwise be thrown away. The main point here is not monetarily supporting animal industries.

I have heard 2 different definitions of freegan, one being a vegan that will eat dumpstered dairy products the second being someone who believes all products destroy the environment and consumerism in general is bad. I take the second route :) Dumpstering meat/eating roadkill is vegan, and i would consider doing it. Never buy anything, never worry! :)

K

Kendall

12 footprints and 2.7 planets, I think that riding with people shit and the car thing got me. I don't own one, but getting rides is pretty much essential to my getting around besides walking, because my bike got RAN THE FUCK OVER a few days ago. *simmer*

The Earthfirst kids take classes in college/teach each other how to be able to determine weather roadkill is diseased or not before eating it. Gotta be educated about that shit before you try it, or else you'll fucking kill yourself. I'd do that shit in a heartbeat though. Getting back to the primal and feral.

Post edited by: Kendall, at: 2007/03/21 07:35

Usually its pretty safe, especially if you witness it get pwned, its all about how long it was sitting there. I generally try to never eat meat though, it makes me nervous.

F

FrumpyWatkins

Sorry to piss all the Vegans and the like off, but as humans we were meant to be omnivores. We are the top predator on planet earth, and yes we should protect our habitat but this idea of eating limited types of food is totally unhealthy. To lead a truly successful life, a balanced diet needs to be achieved. I know you can get the necessaries from things other then meat but humans were designed to get energy from meat. When you are born your primal instincts tell you "meat", however your mind might think otherwise and choose alternate routes. (It is the same thing with homosexuality, humans were meant to be heterosexual, it is how we procreate and nature's way of keeping our species alive. However this does not mean I have any type of problem with homosexuals or vegetarians nor are these practices wrong.) I do however disagree with the way meat is gathered and meat products are produced. I try to eat as little meat as possible and when I do, it is free range organic. But against my point, when we have high populations of humans and they all eat meat, this screws up the food chain because so much transferred energy is wasted, so a balanced healthy diet. Fast food and processed food are the downfall of our current society hunger/niche wise.

The fact I'm in winter quarters destroyed my grade.

R

reXfeReL

while being a strict vegetarian i can say that if you don't like the smell of burning meat, then get the fuck off the planet.-immortal technique- Simply dietary choice, nothing more. People that say they do it for politcal reasoning are ignorant to the facts.

A healthy balanced diet can be achieved in veganism, in fact it adds an average of 5 years to your life, lowers your heart rate and so on. Not to mention meat and dairy products are full of chemicals and poisons. The Humyn body actually has to struggle to process meat, all the benefits it gives you can be gotten else where. Not to mention that forcing another thing to suffer is wrong, and goes against humyn nature. In modern times people have to desensitize themselves to seeing animal murdered in order to think its ok, or just have someone else do it. Its wrong and immoral to kill things that feel pain when you dont need to. Period. WAYYY off topic though.

I would eat something thats already dead, but I would never murder to eat unless I was starving to death.

Poking Victim

Reaction score
I didn't like this survey. Many of the questions I couldn't truthfully answer with the options given.

Not to mention that forcing another thing to suffer is wrong, and goes against humyn nature.

Desire is human nature, therefore suffering is human nature. But fuck human nature, transcend that shit.

Post edited by: Poking Victim, at: 2007/03/22 04:26

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads