Question regarding writing letters on the road | Squat the Planet

Question regarding writing letters on the road

D

Deleted member 5971

iv got a friend of mine thats doing time, and i want to write him on the road but i cant think of how to receive letters, anyone know any handy tricks or methods to receive letters on the road, or anything of that nature?

Ekstasis

Reaction score
I need something like this!

I just did a search for mail forwarding and myrvmail.com looks pretty cool. It gives you a physical address in Florida for benefits. It's $9/month but looks like it has some great benefits for travelers.

fawn

Reaction score
Website
crust-monk.tumblr.com
I have a ups mailbox. $20 a month. they'll also take any packages and hold them forever. they'll forward mail for postage costs. (also serves as 'proof of residency' in a few years for when I decide to buck up and go to college...)

there's also general delivery if you're going to be in one place for awhile.

Dirtbaguette

Reaction score
You can have mail sent to your name as "general delivery" to a post office in any city. You just have to show ID to pick it up. I also use a UPS store box but they legally are required to have proof of a physical address (lease/utilities) for you to open one & forwarding through them is not super cheap. Awesome that you're trying to keep writing your friend in jail btw....

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads