Pretty fucking serious debate going on in Discord, im alarmed, and want answers, right freaking now. | Squat the Planet

Pretty fucking serious debate going on in Discord, im alarmed, and want answers, right freaking now.

Haxsys

Reaction score
Which is better, the tortoise or the turtle?

How and why? Please discuss.

turtle.jpg

Last edited:

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Which is better, the tortoise or the turtle?

How and why? Please discuss.

View attachment 55552
I am partial to turtles after all the times I've snorkeled with them while living in Hawaii. The first time you see one up close in the water is quite magical. My uncle told me when he was a little kid many decades ago, he'd grab and hold on to their shell and they would propel him through the water like an underwater jetpack.

From a traveler's perspective, a turtle is more relatable because they travel thousands of miles across the ocean to migrate. Whereas, tortoises are more like homebums....generally staying in one small area for their life, if I'm not mistaken. So therefore, sea turtles are way cooler IMO.

Haxsys

Reaction score
I am partial to turtles after all the times I've snorkeled with them while living in Hawaii. The first time you see one up close in the water is quite magical. My uncle told me when he was a little kid many decades ago, he'd grab and hold on to their shell and they would propel him through the water like an underwater jetpack.

From a traveler's perspective, a turtle is more relatable because they travel thousands of miles across the ocean to migrate. Whereas, tortoises are more like homebums....generally staying in one small area for their life, if I'm not mistaken. So therefore, sea turtles are way cooler IMO.

Turtles all the way dude.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Reactions: whfiv

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Turtle bay?
A lot of them at Pua'ena point where I liked to surf. And there'd ALWAYS be some at the nude beach in Mokuleia. god how i loved snorkeling in the nude with sea turtles, what a blast. of course, you can find them most places. seemed like there were more on the north shore tho

Haxsys

Reaction score
A lot of them at Pua'ena point where I liked to surf. And there'd ALWAYS be some at the nude beach in Mokuleia. god how i loved snorkeling in the nude with sea turtles, what a blast. of course, you can find them most places. seemed like there were more on the north shore tho
That sounds epic dude.

Reactions: iamwhatiam
D

Deleted member 13433

I value both.... I don't choose between species at this level.

Both have deep meaning for me.... seriously - because both have been around for so long, and both are very prone to being wiped out by long term negative actions of the human race.

*apologies, because I know this is not the response you are looking for...

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
OMFG... I love you for asking this question... because I don't know the answer.

The best kinda asking!

I love sand and water...

::drinkingbuddy::

• Love It
Reactions: Haxsys

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I chose tortoise.... I actually think the turtle in the sea has a better view and has made great appearances in pixar movies??

but the Galapagos islands had those tostoise's and that influenced Darwin right? In effect causing a shit load of thinking in the world about life while creating much controversy through the years.

so... as a victim of existential angst... I have to laugh and appreciate that.

• Love It

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
Turtle because duh, because I'm a ninja turtle.
And to answer your question @Haxsys its better a lot better here in CA then before we started this quarantine crap. Putting laws on people that can't keep their hands to themselves is majorly a positive.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads