Pop tab chainmail | Squat the Planet

Pop tab chainmail

ellilis

Scavenger
Reaction score
Website
ellilis.tumblr.com
I think I just found a new cheap craft to make... Anyone else do this? I used to make bracelets and belts, this one is new to me
1376420_10102944364980857_1928470848_n.jpg

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i've seen full shirt mail made out of those, and my ex used to make belts and stuff out of them. definitely could make some crazy stuff out of it!

janktoaster

Reaction score
Rad! I met some kid in Frisco that made and sold these as strainers for pasta and stuff.. I bet you could do a lot

Reactions: ellilis

janktoaster

Reaction score
Yeah, when I see those I don't really think about pasta. You could definitely make some purses or something, a cage for a pet rock or frog.. depending on how strong it is you could take the strainer idea and make a huge one, then throw it in a river and try to catch some fish.....

Thorne

Stuck and stagnant
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.houselessnothomeless.org
I make regular chainmail and that is a good idea. Looks totally awesome.

Joni

Reaction score
i miss the large steel reserve pop tabs. i used to be able to bend one in half and press into the back of a bottle cap. originally i wanted to make my hoodie have pop bottle cap platingg. i was/am no where near enough of a lush to drink that much be
er. ^.^ so i ended up with a dozen or so bottle caps afixed to my hoodie pocket. gosh that method works so well that i went through 3 hoodies and there still holding strong.

sorry about off topic but it was too temptimg... :p

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads