PoeBoy checking in

Poe Boy

Reaction score
Heya.

Been lurking for a few months.

Some background:

I started out young when life kicked me in the ass. Just about the time I turned 18, my mom died, and I lost my job in a 3-day span. The economy had taken a shit back then, so getting a job in CT was hard to do.

So, I said "fuck it", grabbed some shit I had in my closet (thank God I was a Boy Scout), and bolted.
I grabbed my mom's car before they could repo it, and all the cash we had, and drove it as far as I could and ditched it, started thumbing it from there.

I never did much train riding, but basically, I went around the country, picking up temp jobs and day labor whenever I needed to build up some cash. I ended up seeing just about every state in the union, meeting some folks I'll never forget, and some I wish I could. Learned some hard lessons, and taught a few hard lessons. . .:club:

Things were a lot different back then, than they are now, no computers in libraries, or one small enough to carry and be able to get online (think 600 baud modems), so you kept sane with some books, a sketchbook and a pen or two. Of course, there was some other entertainment to be had. . .:drinking:

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

Figure with the country/world taking a shit like it is, it might be a good idea to get caught up on the way things go nowadays in case I end up living the 'Bo life again, or just get sick and tired and decide to drop out of the ratrace.

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
Welcome!! It looks like you found the right place. Sorry to hear about your mom, that's a rough age to loose her, especially if you had good relationship with her. If you get tired of living that rat race, there's plenty of us not in it. Welcome!

Poe Boy

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm not active right now. Not living much different from the 'Bo lifestyle, though. Kinda squatting on my own property, if that makes sense (i.e. run down shack on property I own, minus most of the amenities that most houses have). I tramped about for a good many years when younger, though, and the way things are goin, I -- along with a lot of people -- may have no choice but to do so again.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads