Please help save Eng JR Lupo's dog, Kaya | Squat the Planet

Please help save Eng JR Lupo's dog, Kaya

croc

Reaction score
IMG_20221107_145103_543.jpg

A legend in our community and one of the people who remind u of the warmth in the world, please send some warmth back his way. He'd never ask y'all for help personally bc he's always trynna take care of us instead.

Kaya is such a sweet girl who's recently overcome dog aggression and loves fetch 💜 loyal and loving just like her dad.

Please help and please share on any/all social media.

THIS IS INCREDIBLY TIME SENSITIVE

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Aw, wtf! Kaya! What is his paypal account? I will put it on my Instagram at the very least.

This guy is a legend, and I've met this pupper personally. If you can help out, please do so!

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Jerrell

Reaction score
Yes, please everyone share and contribute if you can!

Lupo is one of kindest and most giving people I've ever met.

It's amazing Kaya was able to from agro to chill. It takes a special kind of person to do that!

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey so here's an update for those who may be concerned. We haven't come close to reaching the goal but at this point it's beginning to look like we may not need to? I'm not sure, I'm not a vet or anything. But so far Kaya is still very much so alive despite online vet advice suggesting dogs who do not receive this surgery will likely die rather quickly from the infection. The information I was finding all seemed to suggest it could happen as rapidly as within 24-48 hours. We're going on about hour 150 now and yeah.. she's still soldiering through.

Loss of appetite has been concerning but that seems to only be in terms of her usual dry food. So I've been making her steaks and she won't turn them down at all. She's staying healthy and strong. If you've ever met Kaya you know what a psycho she is about playing ball. Throughout this entire ordeal that has not changed. She still insists we play ball. My yard is an acre in size and I have a chuckit fetch launcher I use to send the ball way the fuck out there to the fence line. She's still runnin full bore the whole distance and back easily 15-20 passes before she even considers taking a 10 min break at most before wanting to fetch another 15+ throws.

So her energy is there and that keeps me hopeful. When this all happened I immediately started looking up anything else I could do to help her chances of survival until surgery was an option. I discovered a lot of natural remedy talk online that suggested a few things that could potentially help save her life. I wanna list those things for anyone else here that has or comes across a friend who has a dog with signs of pyometra. A female dog who has not been spayed can develop pyometra at around 6 years of age, sometimes earlier even.

One of the dead giveaways is a rapid increase in urination and water consumption that doesn't really make sense(Like it isn't all of a sudden 114 degrees or anything, she just randomly picks up the habit of drinking way more water and urinating way more. If you see that, your dog could have pyometra. Another almost certain dead giveaway(which I observed in Kaya along with the water and urination changes) is they will discharge a yellow creamy colored pus from their vagina. I first noticed Kaya was licking herself a lot and I thought hmm that's weird, she usually does this as her heat begins but that just passed two months ago so it isn't due yet.

Then I found a mess of pus on the bed and that sent me right to the vet to figure out wtf this was. They originally quoted me $9,400.00 to perform the emergency surgery. They said it's basically a spay but the dog is in a much more fragile condition and will need to be kept overnight for many nights and monitored on IVs and whatnot so that's why it's so much more expensive. I literally do not know how these people sleep at night asking that much to save a dog's life. After seeing her continue to remain strong without the surgery I'm beginning to question whether or not it's even necessary at all.

So here's a list of things you can potentially save a dogs life with that's showing signs of pyometra;

•Yunnan Baiyao(Chinese medicine to encourage blood clotting. They ran a small case study of 10 dogs with pyometra and cured 9 of them with yunnan baiyao alone. You can order it online. Mine arrived within 2 days.)

•Amoxicillin or equivalent antibiotic safe for K9s. (You can order fish antibiotics online for yourself or for other animals aside from fish online at fishmoxfishflex.com they're marketed for fish but it's literally 500mg of amoxicillin no different than what we would take).

•Manuka Honey(raw honey may suffice if you cannot get Manuka honey for whatever reason. The honey makes the uterus contract which causes the pus to continue discharging)

•Turmeric

•Allicin(Garlic extract)

•Vitamin C

I started out force feeding her most of these pills one by one and it was a huge pain in the ass. She'd cough them up and start chewing on them then spit them out. She also wouldn't eat the honey. So I started using about 2 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter and pouring out all of the above ingredients into the PB and mixing it all together. She laps that shit up like it's a treat. So now giving her all of her meds is a breeze. I do it twice a day and yeah.. my dog is still kickin y'all!
20210317_173244.jpg
62123932_423020311881083_5479099297154727936_n.jpg

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey so here's an update for those who may be concerned. We haven't come close to reaching the goal but at this point it's beginning to look like we may not need to? I'm not sure, I'm not a vet or anything. But so far Kaya is still very much so alive despite online vet advice suggesting dogs who do not receive this surgery will likely die rather quickly from the infection. The information I was finding all seemed to suggest it could happen as rapidly as within 24-48 hours. We're going on about hour 150 now and yeah.. she's still soldiering through.

Loss of appetite has been concerning but that seems to only be in terms of her usual dry food. So I've been making her steaks and she won't turn them down at all. She's staying healthy and strong. If you've ever met Kaya you know what a psycho she is about playing ball. Throughout this entire ordeal that has not changed. She still insists we play ball. My yard is an acre in size and I have a chuckit fetch launcher I use to send the ball way the fuck out there to the fence line. She's still runnin full bore the whole distance and back easily 15-20 passes before she even considers taking a 10 min break at most before wanting to fetch another 15+ throws.

So her energy is there and that keeps me hopeful. When this all happened I immediately started looking up anything else I could do to help her chances of survival until surgery was an option. I discovered a lot of natural remedy talk online that suggested a few things that could potentially help save her life. I wanna list those things for anyone else here that has or comes across a friend who has a dog with signs of pyometra. A female dog who has not been spayed can develop pyometra at around 6 years of age, sometimes earlier even.

One of the dead giveaways is a rapid increase in urination and water consumption that doesn't really make sense(Like it isn't all of a sudden 114 degrees or anything, she just randomly picks up the habit of drinking way more water and urinating way more. If you see that, your dog could have pyometra. Another almost certain dead giveaway(which I observed in Kaya along with the water and urination changes) is they will discharge a yellow creamy colored pus from their vagina. I first noticed Kaya was licking herself a lot and I thought hmm that's weird, she usually does this as her heat begins but that just passed two months ago so it isn't due yet.

Then I found a mess of pus on the bed and that sent me right to the vet to figure out wtf this was. They originally quoted me $9,400.00 to perform the emergency surgery. They said it's basically a spay but the dog is in a much more fragile condition and will need to be kept overnight for many nights and monitored on IVs and whatnot so that's why it's so much more expensive. I literally do not know how these people sleep at night asking that much to save a dog's life. After seeing her continue to remain strong without the surgery I'm beginning to question whether or not it's even necessary at all.

So here's a list of things you can potentially save a dogs life with that's showing signs of pyometra;

•Yunnan Baiyao(Chinese medicine to encourage blood clotting. They ran a small case study of 10 dogs with pyometra and cured 9 of them with yunnan baiyao alone. You can order it online. Mine arrived within 2 days.)

•Amoxicillin or equivalent antibiotic safe for K9s. (You can order fish antibiotics online for yourself or for other animals aside from fish online at fishmoxfishflex.com they're marketed for fish but it's literally 500mg of amoxicillin no different than what we would take).

•Manuka Honey(raw honey may suffice if you cannot get Manuka honey for whatever reason. The honey makes the uterus contract which causes the pus to continue discharging)

•Turmeric

•Allicin(Garlic extract)

•Vitamin C

I started out force feeding her most of these pills one by one and it was a huge pain in the ass. She'd cough them up and start chewing on them then spit them out. She also wouldn't eat the honey. So I started using about 2 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter and pouring out all of the above ingredients into the PB and mixing it all together. She laps that shit up like it's a treat. So now giving her all of her meds is a breeze. I do it twice a day and yeah.. my dog is still kickin y'all! View attachment 69186 View attachment 69187

I'm really happy to hear this. Thanks for keeping us updated, and I hope for the best. I'll probably be seeing you two at some point this winter, and I'm planning on alot of epic games of Stick when I do!

Also, that look tho...she's like "I REALLY don't like you pointing that thing at me..." 😂

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Also, that look tho...she's like "I REALLY don't like you pointing that thing at me

She barely met the guy who took that photo and didn't quite know what to think of him yet. She used to be very slow to trust people, especially if they didn't have a ball in hand. She's gotten so much better. Now I can just let someone right in my gate that she's never seen before and she's like what's up you tryna play ball lemme show you where they're at come on! So much more chill these days. It only took 7 years working at it lol

TheDesertMouse

Reaction score
have you tried shopping around? 7-9 grand IS redonculous. Is there a clinic nearby similar to the MSPCA? They might have a financial assistance program for exactly this type of situation. Alot of people experience a really fucking frustrating variation in the humanity of vets. But there are vets out there who think its more important to save a dogs life then make some more money.

I would be cautous about developing a false sense of security. The 24-48hr thing is a timeline that applies when she already has developed septicemia, which I think would happen after the uterus bursts. It’s sounds like it just hasnt got there yet, especially if she’s able to drain still. Maaaybe she will be ok, but chances are her life is still very much in danger.

Jerrell

Reaction score
Also, MX is hella cheaper and isn't thaaat far from you.

I've helped take animals to MX vets.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah if things worsen MX may be the route. Just trying to keep her healthy and hope we don't have to do that.

Nomadicinquiries

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
View attachment 69164

A legend in our community and one of the people who remind u of the warmth in the world, please send some warmth back his way. He'd never ask y'all for help personally bc he's always trynna take care of us instead.

Kaya is such a sweet girl who's recently overcome dog aggression and loves fetch 💜 loyal and loving just like her dad.

Please help and please share on any/all social media.

THIS IS INCREDIBLY TIME SENSITIVE

Man, I'm telling you, drive to MX, you can get it done for $200. No passport necessary, park on American side and walk across. That's what I did.

croc

Reaction score
Man, I'm telling you, drive to MX, you can get it done for $200. No passport necessary, park on American side and walk across. That's what I did.

I think Kaya is all healed up right @Eng JR Lupo RV323 ?
Nonetheless this is a good idea in general for folks who need affordable vet care

Reactions: Nomadicinquiries

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
She's 100% recovered, yep! Kaya's a fucking soldier! I'm getting her spayed in January so we don't have to worry about this horrible shit again.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads