Plans for when shit hits the prop

OpossumPolice

Reaction score
Yellowstone is a shield volcano any event that would cause a seismic disturbance large enough to cave in the ground "COULD" collapse the ground into the gigantic magma lake and cause a major eruption. The ash cloud would block the sun out for a small season on the world, but the fallout i was referring to was radioactive. And the long term effects would be damaging but the shortterm would be instant death in the northwest. Slow death to the mississippi river and.rio grande and starvation for the rest. It would eventually (through a few years with human intervention a few hundred without it) turn into the most fruitful soil on the planet. Now with that being said. I can honestly say that all of this is mere speculation. The facts are, however, the magma is spreading and getting closer to the surface. Making a collapse more and more probable. The russian state media has been focusing on yellowstone for literally months and their military have done electromagnetic scans ,in flybys over the USA, for activity and have cited them in news reports on RT. The USGS has COMPLETELY IGNORED the massive amounts of earthquake swarms and resonating magma movement signatures that have been occurring for weeks. Going so far as to shut down the seismographs. The US is the only country thats climate has not dramatically witnessed a huge increase in tempurature since 2005. The northeast has even become cooler during warmer months. The methane clathrates IN SIBERIA are thawing. The ones in the arctic shelf have begun to evaporate. Creating a runaway greenhouse effect that is going to.scorch the face of the planet with up to 20 degree shifts in the next fifty to one hundred years. If that volcano blew it COULD offset the climate change and.revert the methane back into solid form albeit after a mini ice age. If the volcano doesn't erupt the methane (a positive feedback loop) will release and warm and release and warm the earth until the jetstreams shift and after a literal fireball-earth scenario would go snowball for millions of years. If i was russia i would take the chance and blow it to hope it cools.off the earth. And wipes out the cancer that is american consumerism. However my morals disagree with that course of action i can easily see an ex-kgb president like putin attempt something so devastating. As for my plan, south america is where its at. Other than that. If you people don't see the world war beginning to form i would research global politics. China russia and iran are becoming a military powerhouse that already supercedes the US. Iran is muslim and could enforce shariah on the middle east if russia and china helped take it for them. Then sell cheap oil to the both of them afterwords. Russia has already explicitly stated that they want the arctic and anywhere there are ethnorussians. China has had its eyes on all of asia since before the time of christ. They just created a new bank to rival the UN's WMF, and are mobilizing their troops and aircraft against the entire western world in military procedures to check reaction speeds and weaknesses. There's gonna be a war. Its gonna be nuclear. And its gonna be lost by the russians and chinese but i dont think the US is gonna fare well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Odin

OpossumPolice

Reaction score
As for hundreds of years of winter that's doubtful a reasonably similar volcano erupted in the 1800's and it did cause a mini-iceage but it didn't last that long and wasn't devastating. The ash from this volcano would also be heavier and more of it would be a pompeii scenario with molten rain than a cloud that covers the earth. Not that that won't happen at all
Its just not an end of civilization event, unlike the methane release happening right now
Causing sinkholes in permafrost and the ocean to heat up. There are 5 gigatons of methane in the atmosphere. There are 100 gigatons waiting to be released. If one percent releases it would set off the other ninety in a matter of years. And its already starting to evaporate. Every scientist that has studied it has cried out and been silenced because of the possibilty of panic in the plebians of they actually knew the truth. And it isn't even a theory its cited scientific work.

sucuri

Reaction score
Website
www.HitchTheWorld.com
THE ROAD IS COMING TRUE

I always knew the Andes seemed comforting for a reason. :D

To be 100% frank @OpossumPolice, although I spend hours trippin on how shit would be if what you say happens, I think that that scenario is kinda unlikely. The one thing you left out is that everybody wants to keep living, including Putin. Especially Putin. Nobody will willingly induce a global nuclear event that will kill almost everybody. Man I read this one book awhile back, it was science fiction written in like 1955, about a world when suddenly all men and all women were transported into a different alternate universe. Called The Dissapearence. Of course the men immididetly had nuclear war, The women did what sexist 1950's would have expected. But still its a damn good read. A trippy read man. But we won't fuck ourselves man. We won't be reduced to fucking manikins. Russian or American or whatever we all like living and we all like the pleasures that living brings. I think (or really really hope) that we are resonable enough to find an alternative to destroying humanity for all time.

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
@OpossumPolice TL;DR: you should read up on your science facts. yellowstone is well covered in Bill Bryson's book "A short history of nearly everything". Here's a copy!

Attachments

• Bill Bryson - A Short History of Nearly Everything (v5.0).epub
    1.3 MB · Views: 936

OpossumPolice

Reaction score
Alright. If you don't even read what i said how can you tell me to do my research I've been researching (and reading the daily usgs seismographs) for six months.

OpossumPolice

Reaction score
And you realize that during the cold war we were at nuclear war three times due to mistakes in radar and the only reason were all here is because the officials at the nuke controls decided not to retaliate to what they literally thought was an attack. Those same officers have all been fired from our nuclear program and replaced. Without legitimate reason

sucuri

Reaction score
Website
www.HitchTheWorld.com
Alright. If you don't even read what i said how can you tell me to do my research I've been researching (and reading the daily usgs seismographs) for six months.

Ok so reserch is necessarily pretty egotistical...we're gonna research what moves us. We're gonna refrence what supports us. Because we wanna know more about what rocks us. Cause we refrenced it because we wanna find people that agree with us, not people that think we're fucking crap. More or less ya know.....And really there's info that supports both sides. As much as I'm tempted to agree fucking 100% with you @OpossumPolice its like, man there's so many alternatives and you're both being kinda radical and extreme. And well what I wanna say is that I never wanna ally myyself with one point of view cause that could damn well come back to bite me in the ass one day.....

sucuri

Reaction score
Website
www.HitchTheWorld.com
Fair enough. The only thing I'm really trying to get across is were definitely on a powder keg regardless.

Word. Somethin's gotta give!!! hahah but in the meantime lets get fuckin drunk while we're waiting!

OpossumPolice

Reaction score
And as much as i would love to say i told you so when it happens, im aware its all speculation. The only thing i know that's most definitely not me speculating is yellowstone could blow any day. And we as humans will not be able to live on the earth by 2060-2100 at the rate the methane is most definitely evaporating. And that's a conservative estimate. The earth is experiencing a biological reset. Whether mankind kickstarted it is irrelevant, however.

DesertRat

Reaction score
And as much as i would love to say i told you so when it happens, im aware its all speculation. The only thing i know that's most definitely not me speculating is yellowstone could blow any day. And we as humans will not be able to live on the earth by 2060-2100 at the rate the methane is most definitely evaporating. And that's a conservative estimate. The earth is experiencing a biological reset. Whether mankind kickstarted it is irrelevant, however.
And you realize that during the cold war we were at nuclear war three times due to mistakes in radar and the only reason were all here is because the officials at the nuke controls decided not to retaliate to what they literally thought was an attack. Those same officers have all been fired from our nuclear program and replaced. Without legitimate reason

The 2060-2100 is actually an extrapolation not a speculation. In case someone wanted to make a point about that.

I find your posts intriguing.

I'm not calling Shenanigans at all, but could you please cite your research sources? I only ask because I would like to dig into the material as well.

Yes, this is an honest request.

Thank you.

sucuri

Reaction score
Website
www.HitchTheWorld.com
Oh and OK I gotta put this out there...this dosen't necessarily reflect my deep-down views -- but it does reflect the political info from my Dad who was a pilot for the US Air Force from 1984 until 1999. And OK, I think its worth something. He was a great father. ANd currently, he is a great man. But he wasn't there when I was born because he was busy flying a KC-135 over the Russian border. He wasn't there for a LONG time afterward. That was his job. OK. It was like a giant game of chicken. They flew there until the MIGS chased them off. But in any case they were just (sorry but yeah) just following orders. I'm sure the Russians were in similar shit! Today Dad openly admits subjectingting himself to the potential murder. One huge reason why six years later you find his son begging on the streets of Manaus.

OpossumPolice

Reaction score
If i had a functional computer i would definitely cite them. But seeing as I'm restricted to a 35 dollar smart phone from 2009 I'm gonna have to tell you to use your internet if you want the info. Sorry. My computer has been fucked for two weeks.

OpossumPolice

Reaction score
I know if you search for it you can find interviews with a russian researcher in the arctic citing sources showing arctic shelf gas release. You can google the specifics off of that. There's an american scientist who had to take his message from lecture halls to youtube about it. He's a climatologist. There's been research done on it for the last couple years intensively. At the same time you'll find countless "experts" from both sides. But the paper trail leads to a most definite yes, there is methane being released en masse in the arctic due to sea ice recession in the summer months.

sucuri

Reaction score
Website
www.HitchTheWorld.com
Feel abundantly lucky you at least have a phone. I have laptop that I spend .50 US cents per hour to stay online. Money that I spend as easy as I make it on the streets selling wire. And I've never owned a smartphone. Proud of that, BTW. But thats besides the point, man. Thats an excuse. We're not that far gone man. There's silll hope.

OpossumPolice

Reaction score
I agree. My hope just has a name. And as much as i know people call it brainwashed or whatever, i was atheist til a year ago and since that time the truth was revealed to me in as much of a profound and undeniable way as it was to Neo in the matrix with the blue and red pill paradigm shift. So i dont even worry about it anymore im just waiting for the bus in a burning city so to speak

drewski

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
As far as what can be scientifically PROVEN, the earth is known to be about 4.54 billion years old. Us humans have only inhabited this planet for about 200,000 years. That's not a very long time when you consider how long the planet has been here before us. It has been through so many massive changes and to think we are a threat to it is certainly not stupid, but there's a possibility we may not be one. We are definitely a threat to our own species though, especially when we consider nuclear, chemical, biological warfare. But whatever happens, it is indeed within our genetic code to want to survive just like the rest of the animal kingdom. You'll travel where you need to and find whatever food and water source you can in order to stay alive. But even if you have a place planned out in your mind that could totally be destroyed and you'll most likely have to figure it out as you go along.

I'm not exactly sure what point I'm trying to make here, but maybe just going back to the whole sit back and relax thing because there really is no telling if we do truly matter as a species. Think of how many other life forms have died off and no longer exist. Think of how many people die every single day, how many are dying right now. Does it make any difference in this conversation? Fuck no. It is better to understand The Universe for what it really is instead of trying to pretend it's something else. The Universe is indifferent, and there is nothing else out there helping us or performing some divine intervention. We are here making our own choices and living with the consequences whether they're good or bad. We could very well just be a biological cul-de-sac...another failed mutation.

BUT I will say that if our ability to feel love happens to be just a cosmic accident, then I'd like to think there's something good there. Something or someone that's on our side. Alright I'm done.

OpossumPolice

Reaction score
The "fact" about the age of the earth is too shakey. There's no proof that radiation (which they use to date stuff like that) has been the same for the last while. Its an assumption we use to make it easy to measure. Not something we can ever truly know. And to think this universe is all there is, is highly naive in my opinion, in my experience the universe is just a very stubborn illusion designed to teach us right from wrong. Whether thats an illusion made by compressing time into matter or whatever theory holds you i know that in my life coincidence is not real. You reap what you sow. And God speaks if you want him to. Free will goes a lot farther than what you do or say. And faith is only blind once.

Reactions: Odin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads