Planning to hit the road soonish.

Duncan

Reaction score
Heyo, My name is Duncan and I have wanted to head out and travel for awhile now. I've got a bit of money saved up and am in the process of acquiring my own street bicycle. Gonna equip it with some touring gear and do a few test trips to the Oregon coast to see what I'd really like to bring. I'd like to meet new people and experience different cities, states, countries, continents and planets (if able :p). I'll probably be lurking around here and other sites for the next month or two while I prep myself to hit the road for what 6 months or a year. Haven't decided which but I'm going to make it mandatory I stay out that long so as to make it through the rough spots. Look forward to getting to know you!

Duncan

Reaction score
I was an exchange student to Iceland for my senior year of high school and have been to a few different countries but I haven't traveled on my own or in this manner before. Like you though I'm always stoked to meet new people. One of my favorite things to do is to find people who've been tramping around and talk to 'em about their travels and wander around the city with 'em for awhile. I find it easier to relate to people in a certain mindset. I know I can relate to most people in some way but it can be hard to put it into practice. People have many sides to them and many states of mind they can be in. So it's not always quick or easy to find what parts of your personality either match or compliment the other persons.

I've really wanted to travel the states for a long time now. I like the idea of traveling on a bicycle because of the autonomy it provides not having to depend on catching a ride and still being free of a car. I can bring a little bit more without it weighing me down too bad. I also look forward to the solitude as well. I've got a few books I'm gonna bring and am thinkin' on bringing a small guitar or banjo for busking.

How about you. Have you been traveling much and/or plan on doing some traveling soon? Oh and are you a practicing freegan? I'm way interested in that but have yet to make any big runs to grocery stores and such. I live close to Mt. Hood so usually when I'm snowboarding or skiing i'll just fish some food out of the trash or ask people for their leftovers. I get some funny looks lol but I can't say I don't dislike the attention. :D

freeganmachine

Reaction score
I just started life on the road. I am a practicing freegan. My mother left me a car and money when she died, which I dislike. So, I'm rubbertramping around and handing out money to people until my money runs out then I'm going to get rid of my car and hithchhike. Oh, and I'm planning on dropping a bunch of money from the top of a building in a big city. I think that would be awesome.
I love trash food! :D

bryanpaul

Reaction score
I just started life on the road. I am a practicing freegan. My mother left me a car and money when she died, which I dislike. So, I'm rubbertramping around and handing out money to people until my money runs out then I'm going to get rid of my car and hithchhike. Oh, and I'm planning on dropping a bunch of money from the top of a building in a big city. I think that would be awesome.
I love trash food! :D

:eek:

bryanpaul

Reaction score
maybe bank yer money .... might find a really cool/useful thing/project to put it to in the future.....

bryanpaul

Reaction score
my current address is: 123 W. Main St. Sudlersville MD 21668
:rolleyes:

freeganmachine

Reaction score
I don't live for the future, I live in the now. I'm unhappy knowing that I'm suddenly so wealthy. Its funny how little pieces of paper can control people. Besides, I'd rather give it all away to people who actually need it. Plus it's just fun to walk around downtown and hide money in random places. And on car windshields.
I may be insane, but it works for me and I love it. :D

bryanpaul

Reaction score
i'm unemployed and broke and trapped here due to a court date :( wahhh.... miso hopeless and sad

Duncan

Reaction score
I've got an idea of where you're coming from I think. I was in a similar mindset for a few months and would drop money on the ground put down $40 for a $3 dollar tab, write a note on a twenty crumple it up and throw it from a parking garage rooftop and so on. I liked to do it as discreetly as possible, otherwise i felt like I was being some show off douche bag.. definitely fun.

freeganmachine

Reaction score
Oh yeah. I have to give up my money discretely otherwise I feel like a snob. And yes, I'm getting myself all the essential things before I set out on foot.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads