phone batteries | Squat the Planet

phone batteries

foxx

Reaction score
for those of you who bring smart phones along with you while train hopping, do you suggest bringing extra batteries in case you get stuck somewhere and can't charge your phone? also does anyone use some sort of portable solar charger? excuse my n00biness. c;

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
for those of you who bring smart phones along with you while train hopping, do you suggest bringing extra batteries in case you get stuck somewhere and can't charge your phone? also does anyone use some sort of portable solar charger? excuse my n00biness. c;
I suggest NOT bringing a smart phone. It WILL be stolen.

foxx

Reaction score
i was just reading a thread in which people were arguing over that, i'm leaning towards taking it and keeping it hidden of course. seems it could be very helpful

Jawline

Reaction score
Maps are helpful, and so is craigslist! Just make sure you have an insurance plan on your phone just in case it gets stolen. Or just have a shitty smartphone like me so nobody will want to steal it

Jawline

Reaction score
Its never hard to find places to charge up. But mine needs like a fucking day on the charger to hit 100 so its barely ever full.

K

Kim Chee

They make a battery powered cell phone charger that runs on AA batteries:
Found it online for under $8

Turbo Charge TB550 External battery pack - AA

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
its never hard to find a place to charge a phone. When you're not using it I suggest keeping it off to conserve battery. I've never had to bring an extra battery but thats just me and i don't have a smart phone.

Nemo

Reaction score
Bringing an extra battery is definitely a good idea.. Someone recently posted a thread on a really nice affordable solar charger; Traveling or not it would be awesome to have one. Stop off at fast food joints or laundry shops to charge up that battery! Oh and change the brightness settings as well as the ringer to low or silent because vibrate drains da battery.

Reactions: foxx

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
i dont have a smart phone, but with my phone i do find that if i shut it off while its charging than the battery seems to last a bit longer

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads