Peoria, IL/Bowling Green, KY

RKbrono

Reaction score
Hey, just trying to get the lay of the land for these two places. Any good spots? Any to stay away from? How are the cops? Any tips or feedback for either place would be much appreciated.

Reactions: drift

SiCK cada

Reaction score
I grew up near peoria and know a few people from there. as far as I can tell, its a pretty average town. there's rough parts and good parts, etc. there's lots of pretty gardens! and personally I think its a attractive looking town overall. Sorry I don't have much more information!

drift

Reaction score
I live in Peoria, I love it here. We have some beautiful woodsy areas and a pretty good music, art, and comedy scene. Drum circles will be starting up soon, they're a good time. Lots of cool folks and vendors to meet. I don't really avoid any areas. I haven't really roughed it here beyond sleeping in vehicles so I can't speak to how difficult it is to squat or camp out. I know plenty of folks do that though. We have a nice amount of food pantries and an okay bus system. If you ever see somebody carrying bricks on the bus, that's me. I collect bricks.

RKbrono

Reaction score
I live in Peoria, I love it here. We have some beautiful woodsy areas and a pretty good music, art, and comedy scene. Drum circles will be starting up soon, they're a good time. Lots of cool folks and vendors to meet. I don't really avoid any areas. I haven't really roughed it here beyond sleeping in vehicles so I can't speak to how difficult it is to squat or camp out. I know plenty of folks do that though. We have a nice amount of food pantries and an okay bus system. If you ever see somebody carrying bricks on the bus, that's me. I collect bricks.
Awesome. Yeah I may be seeing ya soon. I head out tonight/this morning.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads