people giving bad directions

F

Firefly

so my first time out and seems like people get off by giving bad directions... got to ask like 5 people and see if what they say equals up. anyone else had shitty experience getting directions in a new place?

K

Kim Chee

This is not an uncommon experience. I myself have given shitty directions (not on purpose). But there are people out there who are afraid to admit they don't really know how to give directions. They really want to help and they can show you how to get there, but they are unable to tell you how to get there. There is another breed of turd who will give you bad directions intentionally and thinks its funny. I learned early on to get directions from two (or more) people before moving on, just make sure the directions match:).

P

Pheonix

Yea, I keep asking several people as I'm walking down the road. If 3 or more people give me the same directions then I feel pretty confident that I'm walking in the right direction.

Kabukimono

Reaction score
Also some people - if they don't really walk much, they have no idea how to get there on foot or by bike. I find this quite a lot - unfortunately.

There is a plus side from bad directions though; sometimes you find some really cool places thanks to them.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
cities are the worst.... it seems like people who live in cities mainly just stick to their own neighborhood/area ...... and yet even if they dont know what the fuck theyre talkin about they look off into outer space and scratch their head and try to come up with somethin to tell you anyway.......sooo many times asking five different people directions, and getting 5 different answers

Reactions: Kabukimono

daveycrockett

Reaction score
constantlly everywhere i go.. "are you from around here?" "yeah, grew up here" "where's such and such" "couldnt tell ya, sorry" or how far is it to this place? amile is 5 and 5 is 1 hate that shit

Reactions: bryanpaul

bryanpaul

Reaction score
how far is it to this place? amile is 5 and 5 is 1 hate that shit

hahaha gotta love it....people who only drive in cars have no real concept of what a "mile" is............ "ohhh it's just a couple miles up the road".......2 hours later......yup.......or (like you said) the flip side is "oh no....you dont want to walk there.....that's FAR" .....30 minutes later, your there

Reactions: Kabukimono

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads