PedalCell - Quick release bicycle USB charging device $$$$$

MetalBryan

Reaction score
Here's something I came across in the bike shop today. Not sure how new this tech is but it's new to me so I watned to share. For cyclists at least it is a better solution for USB than solar charging. There may be other brands I didn't dig too deep.

ali

Reaction score
The idea of this tech is very old. I rememember cycling to school in the early/mid 90s with one of these things that clipped onto my wheel and provided power for the lights during the winter commute. What's probably changed in recent years is more consistent and higher output power delivery. This gadget looks cool, although as a budget traveler $450 would be enough to buy pretty much your entire bike touring equipment list (minus bike), including two power banks that will keep your phone charged for a week.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Looks interesting, especially since it claims to have 1/2 the drag of a dynamo, which I find hard to believe. Dynamos I think are cheaper as well.

Reactions: Dmac

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads