Our new over pass home | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Our new over pass home

TheTexasRoadrunner

Reaction score
Well sadly sheriffs deputy found us . Said he didn't care we was here but warned that the sheriff in his county is trying to kake what we do illegal and that it's better to leave the area. He wasn't a dick so I'm not bitter about it but shit man really. Anyways will head out tomorrow and head back for texas.

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: Dmac

The Hiker

Reaction score
Well sadly sheriffs deputy found us . Said he didn't care we was here but warned that the sheriff in his county is trying to kake what we do illegal and that it's better to leave the area. He wasn't a dick so I'm not bitter about it but shit man really. Anyways will head out tomorrow and head back for texas.

Fuck, that's so dumb. At least you got a professional warning. Good luck finding someplace else 🤞

The Toecutter

The Patron Saint of Filth
Reaction score

Any idea how you were discovered? I'm certain keeping dogs around complicates issues relating to stealth.

The Toecutter

Reaction score
People seeing us coming and out from under the bridge. Y'all know how these yuppies are.

I know the type. Their viewpoint is that if you're not expending your time and effort making some rich person even richer, and spending on consumerist crap whatever crumbs were handed your way for spending at least half your waking hours doing things other than what you need/want to do, then you're worthless, lazy, a bum, or whatever other insult they wish to use. These are the scumfucks that want more "law and order" so that if you're not rounded up into the workforce or the military, you get herded into jail/prison instead, or killed. These are the scumfucks that want endlessly increasing housing costs so that their "wealth" keeps going up, who then complain about all of the homeless people that are priced out of rent even if they work a job(they'll just tell you to get a second or third job and to stop complaining).

Sucks that this happened to you. How avoidable was it to keep others from seeing you enter/leave the area? When I get around to travelling without a permanent residence, I'm intent on avoiding this sort of hassle outright, so it's a good idea to try to learn other people's lessons. I have found overpasses where such a living arrangement might be workable, but never tried them because there was no necessity to do so. My vehicle/"bicycle" I will be using does attract lots of unwanted attention unfortunately, so I will have to keep that in mind when finding a place to settle for the night. Probably will be easier to manage that than keeping dogs around me though.

TheTexasRoadrunner

Reaction score
I know the type. Their viewpoint is that if you're not expending your time and effort making some rich person even richer, and spending on consumerist crap whatever crumbs were handed your way for spending at least half your waking hours doing things other than what you need/want to do, then you're worthless, lazy, a bum, or whatever other insult they wish to use. These are the scumfucks that want more "law and order" so that if you're not rounded up into the workforce or the military, you get herded into jail/prison instead, or killed. These are the scumfucks that want endlessly increasing housing costs so that their "wealth" keeps going up, who then complain about all of the homeless people that are priced out of rent even if they work a job(they'll just tell you to get a second or third job and to stop complaining).

Sucks that this happened to you. How avoidable was it to keep others from seeing you enter/leave the area? When I get around to travelling without a permanent residence, I'm intent on avoiding this sort of hassle outright, so it's a good idea to try to learn other people's lessons. I have found overpasses where such a living arrangement might be workable, but never tried them because there was no necessity to do so. My vehicle/"bicycle" I will be using does attract lots of unwanted attention unfortunately, so I will have to keep that in mind when finding a place to settle for the night. Probably will be easier to manage that than keeping dogs around me though.

Well the best idea was to only come out at night but God it's fucking cold here. Tried to time it during the day but we'll y'all already know the rest. Iv scouted some towns in kansas on Google maps so...... Maybe something good ?

The Toecutter

Reaction score
The cold really sucks. When I camped out in bandos, I was fortunate to be in South Texas. Missouri and Kansas winters are no joke, but there are much worse places. What are some of your current strategies for staying warm? I'm certain dogs help with that!

TheTexasRoadrunner

Reaction score
I have three sets of sleeping bags. A MSS consisting of two military sleeping bags , another military sleeping bag by it's self , a old 1960s Coleman aleeping bag witch we use the most and two military woobies. I wear two pairs of thermals plush what ever I can wear on top , like Carhartts , military gear etc. All three pups have cold weather jackets they wear so they are fine.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads