1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

Operation Desert Lizard

Discussion in 'Your Projects & Websites' started by petergreen, May 25, 2016.

1. petergreen

petergreen Hungry for Knowledge

Achievements:
    Nomad
    Address:
    Toledo, OH, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +48 / -1
    I'm heading to Slab to donate a fuck ton of books that I have picked up from library donations and sales. I'm hitching from Toledo all the way down to Slab. I have a duffel bag filled with various books in addition to my normal traveling gear. Operation Desert Lizard's primary objective is getting the books to the library in Slab City. Anyone headed more or less south and west is willing to join along. After the delivery I'll probably head up to Napa to meet with family and pick up my vehicle for Project Freeride in advance of the Jambo. I'm leaving this Sunday, I-70/I-40 etc.

• Like Like x 6
  2. OP
    OP
    petergreen

Achievements:
    Nomad
    Address:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +48 / -1
    Well my $450 S10 broke down somewhere near Cincinatti. I spent a night in the city and was lucky enough to find some kids heading to SoCal and convinced them to take my first shipment of books to Slab. Cornelius: if you see this be on the lookout for a guy named Dave traveling with two females in a blue dodge caliber in the next month. He has a bunch of books for you. I didn't have enough cash to get my truck fixed, so I sold it.

Interestingly enough I found an old friend in Cincinatti and traded him some stuff for a kayak. I may be heading to New Orleans sooner than I thought. The cash will be saved for a replacement vehicle for the Jambo.

Life is just so fucking weird.

• Epic Epic x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    petergreen

Achievements:
    Nomad
    Address:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +48 / -1
    I give thee the SS Swamp Fish in all it's glory on some guy's living room floor. O7qZpPB.
    LKNwaoW.

• Like Like x 1
    • Epic Epic x 1
  4. Popsicle

Popsicle One of the Regulars

Achievements:
    Drifter
    Address:
    Columbia, MO, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +68 / -8